Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goodbye 2009 ... Hello 2010

Has a year gone by already ... really? As I sit here at work, by myself, in the silence, for a half day thank goodness, I'm thinking about what last year held for us. As I think back, I come up with all these thoughts and I feel so blessed:


During these tough times of a recession we are blessed to still have a job.
Despite an occasionally ear infection or stomach bug, we are all alive and healthy.
God has led us to a new church. We finally feel like we are home.

We have amazing family and friends who love us for exactly who we are - good, bad and ugly.

I'm not going to make any New Year's resolutions that I know I can't keep. The older I get the more I realize there is no purpose for these resolutions when you know they don't last long. No Amanda, you will never have a body like Heidi Klum so stop dreaming. Instead, we are making personal goals for bettering ourselves - both inside and out.

I'll strive to trust in God for what is best for myself and my family. I'll keep thinking positive thoughts and know that God has a plan for myself and my family.

As the clock ticks towards midnight tonight, I'll be snuggled up to my sweetie pie (probably already sleeping soundly) with a glass of champagne in hand and I'll be thanking God for all the wonderful and amazing things He has done for us this year. Here's to a wonderful 2010 with even better memories than 2009 held! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2 comments:

Abbie Byers said...

Sounds good to me!!!

The McDonalds said...

I hope that your new year is amazing! Prayers to you and your family.