Tuesday, January 5, 2010

10 Things I Learned This Week

  1. Cleaning our your closet can bring out things that will surprise you: a favorite pair of earrings that you haven't seen in ages, 20 bobby pins, a used Q-tip (don't ask - I was disgusted as well), a pacifier, half a bag of Skittles, a map of NYC, a deck of cards, my prom shoes from my junior year, 63 cents, a really old gray pea coat (think Edward Cullen) and Christmas cards from five years ago.
  2. Our son cracks us up every single day! Just tonight he was playing with his Cars flashlight to make Abbey jump around and yelling "Chase me" while running in circles around the couch. Hilarious!
  3. Our son has a new found love for broccoli. Score!
  4. As much as I despise The Bachelor, it never fails that I get sucked in every time. This season is bound to be quite juicy.
  5. New Year's Eve at home with your family is a wonderful, low-key, way to ring in the new year.
  6. It's amazing to hear God speaking to you exactly the moment you need Him to.
  7. We've been trying to find a cute little cabin tucked away in the mountains for a family get away in February, and they're all hideous! I mean, did these mountain folk breathe in too much air at a higher altitude and it affect their design sense? And why do they all have stuffed bears hanging from the rafters.
  8. My most favorite snack is popcorn and a Cherry coke. It just happens to hit me at 10 PM.
  9. We are out growing our house! Especially after Christmas with all the toys Ethan received, we are realizing it even more. It is driving Chris crazy, but not me as much. So, we have started the process of getting the house ready and tidied up for possibly putting it on the market in the spring! It's definitely a little nerve racking seeing how the real estate is currently but I just keep telling myself - God is in control, not me!
  10. I was in Lowe's today and they were still playing Christmas music. Did they get the memo that it was a week and a half ago?

1 comments:

Abbie Byers said...

You might have to pack up all the baby toys. I have to rotate toys now that we don't have a playroom. I would hate it if y'all moved:( but it's always fun to look at houses.