Monday, October 19, 2009

Perfect People

Don't you just love it when a certain song just hits the sweet spot of what you're going through in life? At church we've been on a 40 day journey called What If... that has focused on so many things that people struggle with every single day. It's also about being missionary to those who don't have a relationship with God and reaching deep down and doing what's outside your comfort zone in helping others in the community. I've also struggled with a personal issue my entire life with being concerned about what people think about me and me trying to live up to those incredible standards. I feel like since we have been attending NRCH I have felt God move in my heart in ways I have never felt before and it's amazing. It makes you want to shout from the rooftops! This journey has also made me realize that no matter what you go through with whether it's with family or friends, work, or anything else, I should not be discouraged because God loves me and accepts me no matter what. I had a Ah-ha moment (ya know - like Oprah has) and realized why waste time sulking in disappointments from everyday life when you can just sigh and take everything with a grain of salt. That's what God's love does to you and the change in your heart is just indescribable. Pastor Ruppe has been talking about this for weeks and it wasn't setting in until now. I certainly am a work in progress but I feel the change every single day and for that I am so thankful. I am one to admit when I've done wrong and strive to do the best I can every day, but we all falter and make mistakes from time to time. I was driving to work today and heard this song by Natalie Grant called Perfect People and I just had to hear it over and over again because it is so true. Especially the chorus:

Never let em' see you when you're breaking
Never let em' see you when you fall
That's how we live and that's how we try
Tell the world you've got it all together
Never let them see what's underneath
Cover it up with a crooked smile
But it only lasts for a little while
There's no such thing as perfect people
There's no such thing as a perfect life
So come as you are
Broken and scarred
Lift up your heart
And be amazed
And be changed
By a perfect God
Suddenly it's like a weight is lifted
When you hear the words that you are loved
He knows where you are and where you've been
And you never have to go there again

Who lived and died to give new life
To heal our imperfections
So look up and see out let grace be enough
Be changed by a perfect God
Be changed
It just made me realize I can go to a place where God is and feel the acceptance. I am so thankful for his mercy and grace every day and I pray that I continue to grow. Now ya'll are probably reading this thinking - has the girl gone nuts?! Why is she sharing her innermost thoughts with the world!? That's what this love does for you! Just makes you want to share it with everyone you know and love! I have always been one to be corny and wear my heart on my sleeve so there ya go! :) Thanks for reading and spending your time with me, or my blog really! If I don't tell you or get to see you and hug your neck, I want you to know I love you and cherish the relationship I have with you.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amanda you are such a great person and i love you for the person you are and it amazing when you realize that you can go to god with yourself and thats ok love you Devri