Friday, June 26, 2009

R.I.P. Michael Jackson

Wow - Michael Jackson has died. What a shock to the entire world. I've been constantly reading news on the internet or watching the news on TV. When things like this happen, I can't get enough news or information about it. There is a lot of talk about "Where were you when ...". I remember where I was when Princess Diana died or when 911 happened. Apparently the news came across around 3:30 PM yesterday in which I was in the gym working out. When things finally slowed down at our house with dinner and bath with E, I was able to get on the computer around 7:30 PM and check my email. The first thing that came up was a huge page that stated that he had died. I immediately ran in to tell Chris and we were both just like "What?". It's sad and insane at the same time and just has left me without words. In the past years the public has started to view him as some bizarre person with so much that has gone on in his personal life, but it's hard not to forget all the wonderful music he created. No one can deny he was a brilliant artist and performer. The world has certainly lost an icon.

Early memories that I have was back in the early 90's I had his Bad cassette tape. Yes, cassette tape. Ha! I must have played it over, and over, and over again. That album had songs like "Bad", "Smooth Criminal", "Man in the Mirror", "The way you make me feel", and so many others. They were playing his songs on the radio this morning and so many memories came flooding back of my childhood. Another memory was in high school when my friend Danielle would pick me up (I didn't have a car and refused to drive the Astro van anymore) and every moring we could jam to "Rock With You". Man we loved that song! With that said, I've created a Michael Jackson tribute playlist. I know it's corny, but man, he just has SO many wonderful songs that just make you want to dance and sing along. Too many to list here, but these are my personal favs. Enjoy and remember him for his music he created.

0 comments: