Thursday, December 24, 2009

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given

I sit here on Christmas Eve and can't help but feel a swell of emotion. My son, who will be two years old tomorrow, is nestled all snug in his bed while visions of choo-choos dance in his head. Two years ago at this exact moment he did not physically exist in our lives, and yet here he is about to turn two years old. This time two years ago I was in the midst of serious labor pains and just waiting it out for the moment we were ready to meet our son. Now I know what Mary and Joseph felt like. Can you imagine waiting to finally meet the Saviour of the world ... and he's your son? Nothing can be more amazing than that. What an amazing day that was for her, and for us. Literally the best Christmas gift I could ever ask for. People ask me what I am getting for Christmas this year and I honestly don't want a single thing - OK, well maybe a laptop. I just think, "How can any gift honestly compare to what I received two years ago?". I hope everyone has something in their life that makes them smile and know life is so worthwhile. I know I am looking forward to seeing my child's' face light up when he sees a train sitting underneath the Christmas tree. It's our gift back to him for making our life so rich and colorful these past two years. Happy Birthday Jesus and Happy Birthday to our sweet Ethan. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

2 comments:

The McDonalds said...

I felt myself sitting doing the same thing for you. I kept saying I can't believe that it had already been two years! Time flies! We truly are blessed people!

lindsay said...

what a sweet blog, amanda. happy belated birthday to ethan!