Monday, November 9, 2009

10 Things I Learned This Week

  1. Ethan is showing signs of readiness to potty train! If you read my last post, you'll see why I'm excited!
  2. I cannot listen to the Christmas music this early. I mean, can we wait until at least at the end of November people?
  3. Taylor Swift is so cute! I DVR'ed her on SNL this weekend and it was actually funny. It's certainly the best SNL I've seen in a long time. I have attached a video of her monologue for your viewing pleasure. :)
  4. It's sad the things I get the most excited about, like Harris Teeter Triples.
  5. Mexican food is so yummy, but NOT good on the tummy. :(
  6. I miss my family terribly. I can't wait for Thanksgiving so I can see them all again.
  7. I'm so glad we've finally taken the time to clean out the garage and get some organization. Since we started working on the deck last spring, it's been a disaster zone. I just hated walking in there to get in my car because it was so filthy. I was embarrassed to even open the garage door. Now it's spic and span and there's a nice row of shelving for all of our junk! Yea!
  8. Yea for long naps, for E that is. He napped so well this weekend that I was able to get two hours of scrapping done both Saturday and Sunday. It was so nice and now I'm all caught up!
  9. I'm just not ready for Ethan to transition into a toddler bed. Why ruin a good thing? Any advice on the issue?
  10. Less than two weeks for New Moon! You know I had to throw that in there! :)

2 comments:

Abbie Byers said...

If you plan to potty train him soon wait until he gets use to that before changing anything else like his bed. This was advice from of friend of mine and I think it makes good sense.

Melissa said...

I would suggest doing the tranistion into the bed first and then potty train. The bed transition is harder on mom and dad than it is on the kid. It only takes a couple of nights to become normal for kids, but we parents mourn the crib.

Potty training could take months or even up to a year seeing that he isn't quite two yet. And it is out of parent control. It is all up to the kid and their readiness and willingness.