Saturday, November 7, 2009

ETHAN POOPED!

This is so blogworthy and such a big deal that I just couldn't wait any longer! Ethan pooped in the toilet this morning!!! I can hardly believe it! He is FINALLY showing signs of readiness for going potty and this morning I was so proud of him! We were sitting at the island in the kitchen while Chris (yes Chris) was making blueberry muffins. Ethan turned to me and said "Poop Mommy. Poop Mommy!" So, I assumed he meant he pooped in his diaper so I took him out of his seat to change his diaper. I looked down there and there was nothing. I told him "Ethan there is no poop. Do you need to poop? Do you want to sit on the potty?" He said yes. First of all, I was already surprised because we occasionally sit him on the potty but it's not very consistent. I just wanted to wait until he was ready and not force him. I took him to the bathroom, pulled down his pants, took off his diaper and sat him on the toilet. He started doing the poopy face (we all know what that looks like) and was already reaching for the toilet paper. He already knew what to do, I guess from either watching us (yes we take him with us to potty) or at daycare. Two of the kids are already potty trained or are working on it. All of a sudden, he pooped, and it was a BIG turd! Ha! I called Chris in and we were doing the potty dance! We were praising him a lot and Ethan was clapping for himself and saying YEA!!! I am so excited and I hope this is the start of things to come! We will be making a potty purchase today! Wish us luck.