As you can guess, we woke up once again to another rainy morning. We decided to make the best of it and take a trip to the Fort Fisher Aquarium. Originally we had planned to go on Wednesday when they do alligator feedings (and E loves alligators), but that changed along with the weather. I told Chris I didn't think I've been to as many aquariums as I have in the past 6 months! We've been to three. It was a small aquarium, but I think Ethan had the best time at this aquarium because he was interested in just about everything. He followed this one box turtle for about 10 minutes until it made it's destination in a pond.






In the afternoon once the rain stopped, Liv, my mom and I decided to kayak in the sound. It's been a while since I've done it but I got into the swing of it. We made it to a strip of an island where the other side is the ocean. I could hear the waves crashing as we were approaching. We were so excited when we got to shore and I felt like I had achieved something great! The island is only accessible by boat so we were alone. I felt like I had discovered some uncharted land. It was awesome! As soon as we got back I told Chris we had to go back and take E.We had a great day despite the weather. We had a Labor Day cookout that afternoon before Liv and Tim had to leave (sniff). We ended the day by relaxing in the hot tub and trying to see the stars amongst all the clouds!

1 comments:
Sounds like you guys are having a fun, yet relaxing time. I'm jealous!! PS...I LOVE the pic of you with your head in the alligator's mouth. That made me laugh!
Post a Comment