Monday, August 24, 2009

What A Weekend

We had a busy weekend, but a wonderful one all the while! Friday afternoon we had an appointment at the ENT. We received good news in the fact that his ears look great BUT still have fluid in them. Dr. Abrams, who is wonderful by they way, talked a bunch of mumbo jumbo medical jargon. The long and short of it is that we could let it be for a while since he currently does not have an infection OR we could nip it in the bud and go ahead with tubes. He left the decision in our hands and said we couldn't make a bad decision - either was fine. He did say since E got the infections in the middle of the summer, it's pretty much guaranteed that he was going to get a few more come cold and flu season. We decided to forgo the tubes for now and see how things look in 6 weeks, which is when we have a check up with him. Dr. Abrams was AWESOME with Ethan and he didn't cry at all! He was such a trooper. He was so good, we treated him to PW's ice cream! I wish I could upload the picture I took of him on my cell phone. It was too cute with the ice cream just dripping down his face! He was so happy!


Also Friday night, The Ledfords came over to hang out. We had dinner, let the kids play and then Carrie and I scrapped while Chris and Adam played XBox and watched football. It was such a fun night and of course as always, I have a lot of fun with my Carayray. Here's some pics of the babies playing. They trip me out. Ethan loves being chased by anyone, so when Kaitlyn started crawling after him, he got so tickled!




Saturday E and I drove down to Columbia to visit with my KWH girls. KWH stands for Kate Wofford Hall which is where I was a RA (Resident Assistant) at Winthrop for two years. The KWH girls are all of us on the staff, including our Resident Director. We had such a good time together in college and made lots of fun memories. These girls were such important part of my life then and still now. Fast forward five years and now we are all married and have children. Crazy! We try to get together every now and then to catch up and now we can let the kids play. We met up at Melissa's house in Lexington around 11 and stayed until 3:30. The kids played together so well and pulled every single toy and book off the shelves. I felt bad that the house was trashed that much! I think E was to blame for most of that. I even caught him playing in the kitty litter three times! GROSS! He's just a curious little monkey. The kids, ages 1 to 3, literally wore themselves out! E didn't sleep a wink on our trip down there so as soon as we got in the car, he passed out!





Sunday was awesome. We have been laying low for the past two months in finding a church that we can call home. Our last church was wonderful and we loved it dearly. I know I've blogged about this before but it was just starting to not work for us as a couple and a family. We've heard so much about North Rock Hill Church and finally decided to check it out last week. This was our second week and I was really excited to go. (Side story - we woke up Sunday morning rushing around because we BOTH thought it was Monday morning! After getting E up and feeding him breakfast, I looked at the calendar on the wall and thought, wow - we missed church yesterday AND the meeting we were planning to attend Sunday night - how did that happen? I was so disoriented and confused! Then it clicked that it WAS Sunday - I went and told Chris while he was in the shower. We both just laughed!) We really like the church and what they stand for. I can't begin to explain how good it feels to get back into a church that "hits the nail on the head" on how you worship and have a relationship with God. It's been quite a while since I've felt this way and I have a good feeling about this church. The pastor is awesome and funny and witty and I can relate to his messages so well. We attended an informational class called Discover last night. It was basically an informal gathering that told us about the church, how they started, their values, and how to get involved. We got a lot out of it and it makes me even more excited about the church. We really need to get in with a small group, but we are not ready to take that plunge quite yet. We're going to keep going every week and praying about it to see where God wants us to be. The most important thing for me as well is getting into a good children's program for Ethan. He is learning so much now and is quite a sponge just soaking it all in. I want him to learn and grow in a church where he can learn about Jesus. That makes me so excited for him and I hope and pray this is the place to be.

So there's our weekend in a nutshell! Oh yeah one more quick story. hee hee I went to the Winthrop Bookworm Friday after the ENT visit and picked up a few items. Note to self - don't go to the Bookworm right before classes start and the students are picking up their books! The line was out the wazoo! I found a really cute stuffed monkey that has the Velcro at the hands and feet with a WU t-shirt on. I used to have a monkey like that so I wanted to get it for E. I looked at the price tag and it said "no value", maybe because the t-shirt was ripped a little. When I was checking out, I asked what the "no value" meant and if I could get a discount. The sales lady just gave it to me on the house! Yea! It pays to ask right? So now, Ethan LOVES his new monkey. We'll attach it at the hands around his neck and he'll walk around with it. It's a-d-o-r-a-b-l-e! I also caught a picture on my cell phone with him snuggling with it, but I can't upload it for some reason. Here are some other pictures I got at the house.





1 comments:

Page said...

I love Dr. Abrams! I taught his daughter a few years ago. He is such a nice person and I've heard such great things about him as an ENT.