Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Ethan is 20 Months Old

So this is a day late (and a dollar short ha) but our little man is now 20 months and getting closer and closer to his 2nd birthday. That tells me too that I officially have four months to Christmas shop. Here are some cute things he's up to these days:

  • He talks, talks, talks all the time. He loves to say "Hi Mama", "Hi Abbey", "Hi Dada", and also "Bye Mama", etc. You get the idea. He talks to Abbey all the time about all kinds of stuff.
  • He says "Ouch" a lot. Just yesterday I cut my finger on a knife so I had to run and get a band aid. When I returned with it on my finger he said "Ouch Mama?". I said, "Yes - mama has a boo boo." He then kissed his own finger. Be still my heart.
  • He loves to pretend to talk on my cell phone. Yesterday he took my phone up to Abbey's ear so she could talk to Dada.
  • Also speaking of "ouch", after I put him to bed Sunday night, I heard him saying "ouch" over the monitor. When he started crying I knew something wasn't right. I went in his room to find him on his belly and his leg crossed across him and his foot stuck in between the slats behind him. He was in an awkward position and I have no idea how he did it, but he couldn't get his foot out. Thankfully he can say "ouch" now so I know something is wrong.
  • He's such a sweetie pie. Monday morning there was a new addition to the class, Blake. He must be a child of a teacher because he was so upset and crying so hard, he was almost hyperventilating. As soon as we came in the classroom, Ethan went over to him and hugged him. He saw he was upset and wanted to be his friend. Again, be still my heart.
  • For the past month or so, he has LOVED Where The Wild Things Are (thanks Pete and Leanne for the book). Both Chris and I can recite the entire book to him without even looking. When it gets to certain parts he loves to say dragon, wild thing (which sounds more like "rara") and says "Stop! No no no no" while he's signing it too (at the part where Max is trying to leave the Wild Things to sail back home).

0 comments: