It's DAY TRES (you like my Spanish lessons?) for our living with less. Here's how we did:
NO MORE EATING OUT / EATING LEFTOVERS: Tonight we had spaghetti that I had just pulled out of the freezer. I made a ton of sauce a while back and froze about four bags for those days where I just didn't have the time or energy to cook. Those really come in handy!
BOTTLED WATER HABIT: Again, not really a big dealio.
NO MORE DISPOSABLE PLATES, CUPS, NAPKINS, ETC: Did good! No paper plates, paper towels, or cups!
ENTERTAINMENT: I did get a movie for tonight since it was FREE with my purchase of 3 FREE Kellogg's cereals (HT Super Doubles sale), so I think it's ok to allow ourselves the luxury. I must say this has become challenging. Last night, I did decide to scrap for a while and by 9:30 I was pooped so I headed to bed. Chris was on the computer for a bit and I decided to put a movie on to watch for a bit before I fell asleep. SO - it is challenging to NOT watch TV or NOT get on the computer.
THERMOSTAT: Set at 74 - no prob Bob!
GIVING THE OL' WASHING MACHINE A BREAK: No clothes to be washed today.
TURNING OFF LIGHTS/FANS WHEN NOT IN THE ROOM: Doing well!
TURNING OFF APPLIANCES, COMPUTER, ETC WHEN NOT IN USE: Doing well! I actaully shut the computer down before bed!
SHORT SHOWERS: Doing well! Actually skipped the shower this morning because we were in a big hurry. I took one last night, so I'm not stinky, I promise!
NO SHOPPING, EXCEPT FOR FOOD: I did my shopping at Bloom this morning before heading into work after I dropped E off. I must say, I did my very best to avoid buying anything BUT food, but I couldn't resist the urge. It was a good deal!!! It was BOGO on Finish dish washing tablets and I have a .75 coupon that tripled, so I got it for $1.20! Also, when I ran to HT to get a salad (yea yea, no eating out - I am fudging that a bit because I consider that groceries), I picked up a few items and one of them being Dawn dish detergent for .37 cents each. Can't beat that. So all in all, I did save a bunch on food items, and just a few other non-food items that I will definitely use.
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
DAY THREE: Living With Less
Posted by The Cassidys at 1:20 PM
Labels: living with less
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment