Ok - so considering the computer isn't supposed to be turned on except for homework, I'm considering this homework. Especially since I'm not in middle school anymore, and hey, it's summer! Who gets homework in the summer!?! That's just cruel! Today is DAY UNO of "The
NO MORE EATING OUT / EATING LEFTOVERS:
We both brought our lunch to work and for dinner I ate my leftovers from going out for Father's Day and Chris ate leftover pizza from the weekend. Yea! No cooking for me tonight!
BOTTLED WATER HABIT:
I think this isn't really a challenge for me, but Chris does get free bottled water from work. I don't think that should count really, right? I bring a bottle to work and just refill. While we're at home, we use glasses and fill at the refrigerator. This shouldn't be of a challenge for us.NO MORE DISPOSABLE PLATES, CUPS, NAPKINS, ETC:
ENTERTAINMENT:
This will be a bit of a challenge, but should help us to spend a little more couple time together. We actually do a lot together and even if we aren't doing the same thing, we are in the same room together. He may watch TV and I'll read. I guess that's the purpose - to actually talk more. Tonight I'm going to scrap a bit while Chris is shooting some pics outside. Then we're going to look at vacation brochures for our upcoming trip to Wilmington in September and plan out some activities. The good thing about losing TV time is that it's summer - all reruns!THERMOSTAT:
GIVING THE OL' WASHING MACHINE A BREAK:
I wash all of our clothes once a week so I don't see how this is a problem. I can see families that have older kids who play sports - that's a lot of washing! This shouldn't be a problem either.
I wash all of our clothes once a week so I don't see how this is a problem. I can see families that have older kids who play sports - that's a lot of washing! This shouldn't be a problem either.
TURNING OFF LIGHTS/FANS WHEN NOT IN THE ROOM:
This one is a work in progress. The fans in our house run CONSTANTLY! Since I've ready Oprah's challenge last week, I have been keeping all the fans and lights off if we're not in the room. Needless to say, it's a dark house at the end of the day. It looks like no one's home!
This one is a work in progress. The fans in our house run CONSTANTLY! Since I've ready Oprah's challenge last week, I have been keeping all the fans and lights off if we're not in the room. Needless to say, it's a dark house at the end of the day. It looks like no one's home!
TURNING OFF APPLIANCES, COMPUTER, ETC WHEN NOT IN USE:
Again, same thing as above. I have been shutting down the computer at night and unplugging the coffeemaker and toaster when I'm not using it. That is hard to remember though!SHORT SHOWERS:
NO SHOPPING, EXCEPT FOR FOOD:
Like I mentioned before, this will be the biggest challenge for me just because of my love for finding deals and steals. It's towards the end of the month and I'm down to the last $60 for groceries/household items and we really don't NEED anything else until we get paid again, so this week I may be ok. UNLESS, some awesome crazy deal comes up later this week while Bloom and HT are having their big double and triple sales! We'll just have to see how I do come middle of the week! :)
Ok - gotta run - I'm approaching my time limit for the computer and my hubby is calling!
Like I mentioned before, this will be the biggest challenge for me just because of my love for finding deals and steals. It's towards the end of the month and I'm down to the last $60 for groceries/household items and we really don't NEED anything else until we get paid again, so this week I may be ok. UNLESS, some awesome crazy deal comes up later this week while Bloom and HT are having their big double and triple sales! We'll just have to see how I do come middle of the week! :)
Ok - gotta run - I'm approaching my time limit for the computer and my hubby is calling!

1 comments:
I'm jealous y'all are going to Wilmington! That is right near Oak Island, which is where we love to vacation. If you need suggestions for palces to eat in Wilmington or in the Oak Island/Southport area (if you don't mind driving a little), we've found some pretty good palces over the last two years. And, you need to visit the NC Aquarium at Fort Fisher. Ethan will love that!
Post a Comment