Monday, June 22, 2009

10 Things I Learned This Week

  1. I think (knock on wood) Ethan is phased off the paci! He's never really be attached but he does like it every now and then, especially at night night. He hasn't been using one for naps at daycare for at least three weeks, and a few nights this week we've put him to bed without one and he's done great! Now, I'm hoping potty training will be that easy.
  2. Keith Urban and Sugarland had a concert this past Thursday in uptown Charlotte and I didn't get to go. Bummer. Maybbbbeee Rascal Flatts in August?
  3. Fire truck is Ethan's new word of the week. Although it sounds like "ituck". EVERYTHING is a fire truck.
  4. Ohhh la la - Harris Teeter is doubling up to $1.98 staring this week and Bloom is tripling! I'll be one happy shopper.
  5. I used to think my biggest fear in life were spiders, but it's actually losing a child. For the past two weeks, the thought keeps popping into my mind. I think it's just been the constant reminder of friends who have lost their child and it makes me well up with tears every time I think about it. It's an actual ache in my heart that hurts so very badly for them and I pray to God that I never have to face that kind of pain.
  6. Chris is a FABULOUS father! I don't tell him enough and I hope he knows just how much I appreciate him and what he does for our family. Great fathers like him are few and far between and I thank God for him. Someone I know is probably eating their words right about now! :) (Inside joke)
  7. Where are all the good movies lately? We rented two chick flicks, Bride Wars and He's Just Not That Into You, this weekend and Chris was just wonderful to endure them with me. They were so-so. Definitely don't waste 2 1/2 hours on the latter of the two! You'll be either depressed or glad you're NOT in the dating world if you are happily married.
  8. You gotta love those one year old birthday parties. Especially when they get black icing smeared all over their face, and are loving every second of it!
  9. I just purchased a no-brainer, beach bound book, Confessions of a Shopaholic, from Amazon and I can't wait to get started!
  10. I'm looking forward to having a night out this coming weekend to party with my favorite soon-to-be 30 year old, Ca Ray Ray!

4 comments:

The Burleys said...

Tell Chris I'm so sorry I said he would make a bad father ... and that he would never be able to overcome that crazy kleptomania he has ... and that he'd never be able to kick that picking his nose in public habit ... oh, wait - did you mean someone else who said all those things??? :)

carrie said...

Oh my! I have read the ENTIRE shopaholic series. They are definitely no brainers, but are SOOOO... funny!! Enjoy!

Lindsay said...

in reference to #7, i saw bride wars in the theater and it was much better than just at home on tv, but still not great! i did rent he's just not that into you and it definitely didn't live up to all the hype. so, needless to say, i'm that depressed person ;)

lindsay said...

LOVE the shopaholic books. carrie's right, they are no brainers and laugh out loud funny!! it almost makes me want to re-read all of them again!