We had a great day together as a family on this special day to honor the favorite guys in our lives - our daddies! I missed being able to see my daddy, but I got to treat Chris today to a lot of fun things. Ethan and I (ok, well Ethan watched) made a scrumptious breakfast complete with pancakes, bacon and eggs. Next were the presents. Of course, what do you get the guy who has everything. Chris' hobby is photography, as if you can't tell by some of the pictures I post, so we got him several camera accessories that he's been wanting. After Ethan's nap, we packed up the car and headed up north to the Carolina Raptor Center. Chris has been wanting to go for quite some time so I thought Father's Day was the perfect time to go. Although it sounds like a place where they keep scary dinosaurs, it's actually a center where they take injured raptors (a type of bird that preys on other animals) and nurse them back to health. If they are healthy enough, they'll release them back into the wild. If they are not, they'll keep them there for educational purposes. My personal favorite was the Great Horned Owl. He's so cute! It's a pretty neat place to go, especially for young children learning about animals. Ethan now knows how to say owl! It's pretty inexpensive and small. We were there for an hour and a half and that also included a little show about some of the birds. It was a great day!
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Father's Day 2009
Golden Eagle
Posted by The Cassidys at 7:13 PM
Labels: Ethan, family outings, hobbies
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment