In Mid-May (sorry for the delay) we took a trip to Asheville, NC and Lake Lure with our good friends, the Stewarts. We always have a good time when we travel with them, which we do a lot of. They are our travel buddies - always up for new places and new adventures. We've been camping with them multiple times, to Mexico, to the beach, and many other places too many to mention (or remember, depending on how much sleep I've gotten). They had a time share at a beautiful resort in Lake Lure, NC so we stayed there and then traveled to Biltmore Estate for the afternoon on Saturday. Although the babies did magnificent the entire time we were in the house and in the gardens, I wouldn't recommend taking children to the Biltmore if you're really planning on really wanting to spend a good amount of time there. We got there at 3 (after their afternoon naps of course) and left at 6. At least the rest of us had been there before, but Amanda never had so I felt bad that she had to rush through the house and not really take in all the beauty it has to offer. The highlight of the trip for me was spilling Coke on the grand staircase. I thought I was going to get arrested or be thrown out all together. We did have a good time however - here are some pics from the day:
Monday, May 18, 2009
Trip to Asheville
Posted by The Cassidys at 10:28 AM
Labels: family outings, friends
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment