This morning while I was driving around Charlotte running to and from job sites, I thought I'd dig through my old CD's and pull out something I haven't listened to in a while. I thumbed through them all and came across Dixie Chicks and a huge grin spread across my face. I remembered just how infectious their songs were. It was very easy to sing along with them at the top of your lungs. I popped in Fly and instantly memories came flooding back of me driving the back roads with the top wide open and my hair flowing in the wind my sophomore year of college jammin' in the "Bump-in-the-Trunk", AKA my first car. It was a 1993 emerald green Honda Accord and oh how I loved that car. I wasn't one of the lucky ones to have my very own car in high school. I was stuck having to drive my parents' blue Astro van and I'm not even going to get into how incredibly embarrassing that was. The memories are just all too painful. :) But this car I was so excited to have, but yet, just as my worst habit prevailed, I didn't take good care of it. To this day, that's not really one of my strong points. There were all kinds of stains from spilling coffee and scratches on the outside from bumping into trees and well, other cars. You can say I am a bit of a clumsy person. My car had a lot of the same personality traits that I had and I think that's why I loved it so much. When on the open road with a good CD in, it was free and happy. It did however have one really funny trait, which is where she got her name. Anyone who rode in that car with me can attest to the first time they actually sat in it. Once the car was started and the radio antenna would transcend, it made this awful noise grinding noise that sounded like it was pooting, which is a trait I've been known for ... did I actually just type that? So, hence the name "Bump-in-the-Trunk" came to life. I would always apologize upfront BEFORE I started the engine for the noise that was about to emerge from my trunk. All my girlfriends would laugh, and once I met Chris my senior year, he also shot a look of confusion. I think he wanted to fix it but I wouldn't let him! :) I actually started to look forward to the pooting noise. In a strange way, it made me feel like I was understood and accepted for who I was, just as I accepted my car for who she was. So, with that said, I've uploaded some of those songs that brought back so many memories for me.
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Could your Easter pic be any freaking cuter?! Your family is so beautiful! Rachel did a fantastic job on your hair by the way- it really suits you. I hope you love it!
Post a Comment