Monday, March 9, 2009

Trying out Walgreens

So I made my first trip to Walgreen's with my $13 worth of Register Rewards that I got from my last trip. I was all excited and had my list of what I needed to buy and how much of it. First of all, I found out from the cashier that you cannot use more than one RR per transaction. I had about 5 different coupons that added up to $13. So I headed over to the side and had my calculator (yes - I looked like a TOTAL dork!) and tallied up what I wanted to buy and when. My largest RR was $5.00. I spent $25 to get $10 RR by buying Huggies Wipes and Scott toilet paper (with coupons of course). Then the transactions went on and on from here. I was a little embarrassed because there were a few people behind me waiting and probably rolling their eyes. I would recommend going NOT at your lunch hour and when there are more than one cashiers working. Needless to say, here is the grand list of everything that I got:

  • 3 packs of 232 count Huggies wipes
  • 1 pack of 12 roll Scott toilet tissue
  • 2 Garnier Frutis Shampoos
  • 2 Garnier Frutis Conditioners
  • 2 Right Guard deodorants
  • 1 Skintimate shave gel
  • 1 Edge shave gel
  • 3 Irish Spring shower gels (Two were FREE with BOGO - one coupon was an OOPS printed from the manager - score!)
Tomorrow while I am over at the gym, there is a WG across the street so I'll go back and get the following:
  • 2 Glade Lasting Impressions plug in air fresheners (Both FREE with BOGO coupon and other coupons)
  • 2 Colgate Total toothpastes (All FREE with coupons) - It's unlimited how many I can get, but I think I'll stop at 4 :)

For all of the above, I was able to get it for $23.00 and it's worth $56.00. That total will be more when I get the FREE stuff so that makes it even sweeter! Not too bad for my first time, so I look forward to doing more. Right now I got back $6 worth of RR's plus another $2 I wasn't able to use, so we'll see what's on sale next month!

Also, I found out that Target has Gillette body wash on sale for $2 and I have a coupon for $2, so that will be FREE. Chris should be a pretty clean guy for the rest of the year! :)

CORRECTION: I stopped by Target on my way into work (Starbucks is in there and that is my one slurge for the week - don't judge :) ). They didn't have the Gillette Body Wash on sale for $2, so I don't know what the deal is there. It may be in a different city. Darn!

1 comments:

lindsay said...

holy cow! you've got this down to an art! i'm slowly feeling myself starting to get inspired to do this!!