Monday, March 9, 2009

10 Things I Learned This Week

  1. Ethan just makes my heart melt. Every night when we sit down together for dinner as a family (when we can actually eat all together as a family) we say grace. Chris and I have been putting our hands together in the prayer position and telling Ethan to do so. He has watching us and just last week he started putting his hands together as well. Of course the first time he did it, I melted! This weekend Chris and I started eating before we said grace and Ethan put his hands together and looked at us, almost as a reminder! How awesome is God to put a child in front of us to remind us to be thankful for what He has given us!
  2. Ethan has started saying more words. Of course his favorite is ball - he says it ALL the time, even at anything round like a balloon or the AT&T symbol! This week he said car and off. He also has pointed to his toes and his hair!
  3. Heavy amounts of stress and caffeine do not mix very well at all!
  4. Dancing with the Stars starts tonight!!!
  5. This spring weather has really given me a fever - "and the only cure is more spring weather". HA - play on words for you SNL addicts! ("I need more cow bell!")
  6. I am nervous about getting my hair cut. I have an appointment to get my hair chopped tomorrow evening. I am apprehensive of course but it's time for a change. I am getting a little tired of this stringy hair. Wish me luck that I don't chicken out!
  7. I hit up my first children's consignment sale of the season last Thursday, but was a little disappointed. Last year it seems like I was able to get a lot more for the money and not wait in a line for an hour. I spent $58 and when I got home and looked at it all, I felt like I didn't get my moneys' worth. I got 3 pairs of shoes (1 pair of brown sandals, 1 pair of flip flops for the beach and 1 pair of Stride Rite tennis shoes), 1 pair of khaki overall shorts, 1 blue Polo one-piece outfit, 4 pairs of shorts (Clemson orange, gray, navy blue and blue and white checked), 3 shirts, and one really cute grayish blue long pant overalls for Easter from Strasburg. The last outfit cost the most at $12 and if it was brand new it probably would have cost me around $60, so that makes it worth it. I've got two more to go to this month so let's hope for some better deals!
  8. We are starting back full-force on the deck since the weather is starting to warm up a bit. We've got some great ideas and I can't wait to see the final product!
  9. Standing in heels for 4 hours straight doesn't pan out very well either. Will I ever learn?
  10. This whole saving money thing is giving me a headache. I posted about it earlier this week and I'll say it again. Like I mentioned, I'm trying this whole Walgreen's Register Rewards thing right now and I hope it pays off. These two website I've been reading (Your Coupon Buddy and Money Saving Mom) talk so much about how they end up getting so much stuff for free after using their Register Rewards, you just have to know how to work the system. I'm trying.

0 comments: