Hi - here I am again returning from the end of the Earth in which I have fallen off of. I apologize to those faithful viewers of our blog. I have just been worn slap out from this week and honestly, I just haven't felt like blogging. Now it's 9:37 PM on Friday night and I've decided to blog. Go figure - I should be in bed. I look like a zombie and my brain is just mush. It's been a very long week that has just flown by. I don't even remember what I did Monday, or yesterday for that matter! Here's partly why:
At work, our company, Kitchen Masters, has a display in the Southern Spring Home and Garden show in Charlotte. It started Wednesday and goes to Sunday. For us, it started last Friday with setting up and then finally accessorizing on Tuesday. In between having shifts to "man the station" at the show, I've also had to run back and forth from the showroom to meeting with clients to visiting job sites and then on top of that, go to the grocery store and pick up Ethan. I even left work last Friday without my purse! I had gotten all the way down to the exit to pick up Ethan which is about 20 miles and I had to turn right back around. I was so mad at myself and just kept cursing under my breath! I'm so looking forward to this weekend and having fun time with the family. Actually, I think I'm looking forward to Monday just as anxiously. My last shift at the show is Sunday from 2 to 6, then it's all over. It's just exhausting - having to stand there for 4 hours straight without sitting down and answering the same questions again and again. The good thing is that we have gotten quite a bit of compliments on the display which makes me feel good because I designed it. I'll have to take a picture and post it!
Another exhausting thing is this whole trying to save money and learning the ropes of working the coupon system. I'm trying to get into the CVS and Walgreen's thing were you can actually earn Extra Bucks or Register Rewards. If you're not familiar, which I am trying to learn myself, certain items are on sale every week and some of those items will have extra rewards you get when you buy that item. Some can be $1 and even up to $10. It actually makes it a better deal to shop for toiletries and even some household items there because you end up getting some things free sometimes with combining the manufacturer coupons and in-store coupons, then your reward coupons. Ahhh - it's all making me have a headache. Sometimes I'm not so sure it's worth it all because it's literally keeping me up at night. Isn't that sad??? I really do think I may have a problem - do they have Coupon Anonymous. I should be in that program! :) I actually left my coupon folder at Walgreen's today and had to call Carrie to see if she could get it for me (they found it at WG and were able to hold it for me behind the register). That is how scattered my brain is right now! :)
I think I'm going to call it a night. I do have a post that I started but never finished on a few pictures from last weekend which was Winthrop's Homecoming and also the beautiful snow we got last Sunday night. I promise I'll post it this weekend! Thanks for checking in! Love ya'll!
Friday, March 6, 2009
Hello Again!
Posted by The Cassidys at 9:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Glad your crazy week is almost over! I hope you do post a picture of the display - I would love to see it. You have gotten me interested in couponing, too, but you are right that it is a LOT of work! I've looked on several sites and tried to "educate" myself, but I haven't really started b/c it just seems like so much to keep up with! Glad you've rejoined us in blogland! :)
it was great meeting you on our snow day!! ethan is adorable!
i too tried the whole walgreens/cvs shopping but found that more often than not everything would be sold out if i didn't make it to the store on the first day of the sale!! good luck!
Now I feel bad that I just took you some coupons. I am feeding your addiction LOL!!!
i have to say the whole cvs/walgreens shopping used to be better than it is now. cvs used to mail out more coupons like $3 off of $10, etc but they have slowed down on that. my sister and i learned how to roll our extra bucks each week but had to put the start up cost in at first. you should see the stash of soap, razors, makeup, toothpaste, toilet paper and paper towels. you really can rack up!! sometimes you have to get something you might not really need just to roll your bucks over to the next week. it's a lot of work but gets easier the more you do it, although you do have to get there pretty early on a sunday so the good stuff isn't sold out. kind of a pain :) have fun!
Post a Comment