Ok - I've apparently gotten bitten by the coupon bug and I was thinking about something today. My friend and neighbor Abbie came down to the house Saturday afternoon with a big pile of coupons that she had and didn't have a need for. Of course, I got really excited! Then, the other day my friend Amanda had an idea of trading off coupons for those that we didn't need. I thought that was a great idea! With the way the economy is and the need for saving as much money as possible at an all time high, why not start a coupon trade with those that would be interested. Just a thought, but we could trade addresses (with those we trust like friends and family) and post blogs or comments on whoever would be interested in a certain coupon and we could trade. I know I see certain friends and family on a regular basis, but those of you who live further away, we could do the trade as well via snail mail. It's really a random thought, but I know there are several coupons in the Sunday paper that I come across and just throw out. I'm sure there's a need for it for somebody else! No need to waste a perfectly good coupon. Let me know your thoughts and maybe we can start up a really cool thing here!
FYI - I got Two Mott's Applesauce 6 pack cups for .14 cents each today! I had a Target coupon for $1 and manufacturer coupon for .55 cents. I was so pumped! I know they'll get eaten because Ethan loves them and Chris and I can take them to work for lunch. I did the Six Flags dance, if you know what I'm talking about. You know, the one with the old man dancing around like an idiot! I also did the Gillette Body Wash thing. It is the smaller size but sure enough I did find it for $2 and I had the 1/$2 coupon. I actually had 5 of them! Hee hee! The cashier probably thought I was nuts! The savings just keep adding up!
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Coupon Trade
Posted by The Cassidys at 7:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
What a great idea! Count me in!!!
Ok Amanda...you're getting me interested in the coupon thing again. I was coupon crazy like 2 years ago...but got so discouraged because it IS a lot of work...and there were lots of times where I would be at the store and not have my coupons with me! I would let coupons expire etc...and that frustrated me. However, maybe I can get motivated to try again. Count me in with the exchange of coupons too!
Hey Mander, I might be interested in the coupon thing. I am a heavy restaurant coupon user (always buy the coupon books), but I have never done much grocery store coupons unless its "Save 55 Cents Now!". I don't get the paper, so I dont get to see the weekly coupons.
Ok- so I checked out yourcouponbuddy.com and am now obsessed. I think I made $50 in CVS extra bucks this week and only spent $15!!! I am so glad that you blogged about this-it is a pretty exact science. I haven't quite gotten walgreen's down yet:)
GREAT idea! speaking of trading, do you happen to need a 20% off coupon for bed, bath and beyond? if you do, i'll put it in the mail to you today. i don't need a thing from there and hate to see it go to waste if you can use it. It expires 3/23. just let me know! :)
Post a Comment