Monday, February 2, 2009

Weekend in Spartanburg

+We decided to go to Spartanburg this past weekend and I am so glad we did. We had a great weekend spending time with the family and also with some friends. Saturday morning we joined Jason, Julie and Ian at Monkey Joe's to let the boys play and expend some energy. For some of you that don't know, Monkey Joe's is an indoor inflatable playground with other things too like chalkboards and other toys. I was a little afraid that Ethan may be too young for it, but he did so well. He's so adaptable and we love it! He sat there for a little bit taking it all in and watching Ian go up and down the mini slide. Then he started moving around and looking at everything. Of course, because there are so many people moving in this big inflatable thing, he couldn't keep his ground so he kept falling, but he still kept on smiling! We played around in "Elmos' World", went down the giant slide a few times, and all got in one bouncy thing that was sports oriented. It was supposed to have balls in there, which Ethan would have LOVED, but the were missing. I actually liked that one the most because it was big enough for me to jump up and down. I felt like a kid again! After about an hour, the kids were spent and were ready for lunch and a nap. Once Ethan gets a little bit older, he will really enjoy it and be able to run around for much longer. Here are a few pictures from the eventful morning:

Getting ready to go down the slide

Weeee!

Wow! This place is amazing!

Ian having a good time

Julie and Ian going down the big slide

Mommy and Ethan going down the slide

The Thomas' - Ian was saying CHEEESSEE!

Ian playing with Mega Blocks





After Ethan got a good nap in, we went to Target just to get out of the house. We got him some new kicks - so cute! Light blue and navy blue! His feet are just growing at a rapid pace and his SIZE 4's are too small, so we got him a SIZE 5! Jeez! Afterwards, the weather was so nice we played outside for a while. Here are some pictures I took.

2 comments:

Jason, Julie, Ian, and Ivy said...

Aww...I miss you guys! I thought Ethan did great! He seemed to really enjoy himself. I have the pic of he and Ian together on top of the mini slide...I'll be putting it on my blog tonight, so you'll have to grab that one. I just wish we had gotten one of the 6 of us. Oh well, next time!

The McDonalds said...

Boo, you came to town and I missed you!!! Have to let me know next time!!! Miss ya1