Monday, February 2, 2009

10 Things I Learned This Week

  1. I really hate hurting my sisters' feelings. It makes me feel HORRIBLE!
  2. Ethan is doing some new, super cute things lately. He likes to stand on his head. This sounds strange but he goes from standing straight up to putting his hands on the floor like he's doing a bridge and then he puts his head on the floor. He also has been doing this running in place thing when he's either excited or wants to eat. It's so cute!
  3. Ethan is starting to learn more words and associates them with a picture. Last week we were reading a book and he just pointed to the bug and tree and said the word. He also saw a picture of a bird and did the sign for bird! What a smart cookie! Oh yeah - and he has a book that shows a girl pointing to her nose and he looks at me with a big grin and points to his ear. I just laugh because it's so cute, even though it's not the right body part.
  4. Monkey Joe's is so much fun! We took Ethan this weekend along with Jason, Julie and Ian (our friends from Sparkle City). Ian will be 2 in April so he was able to do a little bit more but Ethan did very well. I can't wait to take Ethan back when he gets a little older and let him just run around for as long as he wants.
  5. I'm so glad it's the beginning of the month again so I can get my new set of "fun money". Hooray!
  6. I LOVE the Flounder in Spartanburg! When I'm in town, there are quite a few restaurants I want to hit up because we don't have them in Rock Hill, and the Flounder is one of them. It's a fabulous fish camp!
  7. One more week until we get our pictures back from the 1 year photo shoot! I can hardly contain myself!
  8. Ethan has become quite the Tinkle King (Reference to How to lose a guy in 10 days). For the past week to two weeks, Ethan has woken up crying anywhere between 3 and 5 AM because he's soaking wet. He sleeps on his belly - actually, correction - in a ball with his arms and legs tucked in to where all you see is his head and back (so cute), so obviously all the pee runs down and onto the front of his PJ's. We were beginning to think that he was just drinking too much liquid before bed, but all he has is his milk at 5 PM at dinner! Any suggestions on how to minimize this? We got one suggestion to go a bigger diaper, so we are willing to try anything! We are sleep deprived!
  9. We just booked our vacations for the summer! I am so excited because luckily we are able to take two vacations - one back to Folly Beach with our good friends the Stewarts and the Cashs and one with our families to Wilmington Beach. We found a sweet beach house that is secluded and next to the inter coastal waterway. I can't wait!
  10. I cannot wait for warmer weather! I am so tired of dry skin, sweaters and jackets and being forced to stay inside. Who's with me on that!?

3 comments:

The Burleys said...

Yep - bigger diaper. We always knew it was time to move to a bigger size when Camryn woke up wet in the morning.

Lindsay said...

The Flounder!! YUM!

Jason, Julie, Ian, and Ivy said...

We love the Flounder too. We go there on a weekly basis!! It's a great place for kids since it's so loud.