Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Price Matching at Wally World

Yesterday I attempted the price match shopping at Wal-Mart for the first time. It has been suggested to me by several people in an attempt to save as much money as possible. I had all my ducks in a row and gathered all my circulars from all the local grocery stores, drugstores and even Target. The most expensive thing I needed was toilet paper so I got that first. Food Lion had Charmin 12 big rolls for $5.99 and Wal-Mart was selling it for $6.99, so I saved $1.00 plus I had a coupon for 50 cents. But the thing that irked me was when I mentioned to the clerk that I was doing price match first before everything else she had no idea what I was talking about. She started ringing me up and I abruptly told her I was not paying for them unless I can get them at this sale price. She told me they didn't do that at Wal-Mart and there was a Food Lion across the street! OMG! I am not driving across the street for toilet paper that I can get here for the sales price that you are SUPPOSED to do! I was starting to get irritated and I told her there was a commercial for it and also several friends told me about it. Stuff like this happens to me ALL the time! I get the clerks that either have no brain or in this case have no training! AHH! She called the manager over and the manager confirmed I was correct and did a price override. I gave also gave her a price match for $1.00 for Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream Pies compared to $1.59 (Bi-Lo has them for a $1 each) and she had to call the manager over AGAIN! At this point, I wasn't so sure all this headache was worth it! She continued to give me attitude like I was inconviencing her but I got all the sale prices. Once everything was totaled up, with addition to my coupons, I ended up coming out pretty good. One last note too - I went around with my circulars to all the items on my list that were on sale at either Bi-Lo, Food Lion or Harris Teeter and Wal-Mart had already price matched them and it was noted on the price lists. I was pleasantly pleased that I wouldn't have to show the clerk even MORE sales prices and get even MORE attitude. So, to summarize my first time price matching, I was overall impressed with how much I can save if I do the research. If I didn't get any attitude from this clerk, it would have been a great shopping experience!

1 comments:

The Stewarts said...

That's awful! You do seem unlucky in that way! Next time try to scope out their name badges, it might say on there how long they have been a happy employee of Walmart so you can get an educated one! haha!