I am home again today for the second day in a row due to having a sick little one, and I have ants in the pants. Ethan started running a fever of 103 Monday night at 2 AM, and ever since then it's been up and down. He seemed fine enough to go to daycare on Tuesday so we went ahead and took him. They called me at noon saying we needed to pick him up because he had been crying for the past 30 minutes, refusing food/milk and not wanting to nap. Chris picked him up and we took him to the dr. that afternoon. Our dr. was backed up so we had to see a dr. we do not care for, so that really didn't sit well with both Chris and I. He checked him over and did a strep test, and everything came back negative. He said he may just have some sort of virus but he didn't want to give us antibiotics if he wasn't sure. He said just to keep the temp down as much as we could, but NOT to give him too much Tylenol because it could kill his liver and NOT to put him in an ice bath because that could harm him too! What the heck! What were we to do? This is why we don't care for this dr. too much. He's so vague and has no bedside manner! He was the dr. who busted into our room at 6 AM and flipped on the lights the morning after I gave birth to Ethan. We were so exhausted and just so ill after he did that! Can you tell I need to vent? I am so very tired from being up half the night and haven't had any breakfast yet. I guess I need to get my priorities straight - I'm blogging when I should be eating or showering! Ha! Ethan is now down for a nap at 9 AM so hopefully he'll sleep long enough for me do what I need to do. Yesterday he had two two hour naps, which is not like him so I know he doesn't feel well. Chris and I have been alternating half days so we can get some work in while the other one watches Ethan. So, with that said, I'm off to grab a bagel and a shower. I may blog again because I have quite a bit to comment on my reality show, American Idol. If anyone watched it last night, you probably can guess all the things I am fired up about! Stay tuned ...
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment