Since Valentines' Day is tomorrow, I've decided to do a special issue of Overrated / Underrated in honor of "special" day! :)
- VALENTINE'S DAY: Overrated
The only reason I say this is because I just think it's a silly and unnecessary holiday. It sets people up for disappointment. Chris knows this, so it's not a big shocker, but he's not the best in the romantic department. He means well and there are a ton of other things he does for me and our family that certainly do not go unnoticed. Time and time again I have gotten my hopes up and they've been shot down, so I've learned to not take this day too seriously. This year we are planning on just going to go out to dinner as a family and that is enough for me. I just want to spend time with my family that I am so thankful for. - FLOWERS, CHOCOLATE & CARDS: Underrated
I would be lying through my teeth if I said I didn't want any of these for Valentine's Day! I rarely get them, but when I do, I am just thrilled and jumping through the roof! Yeah I know flowers are going to die someday and chocolate is going to get eaten, or in my case devoured, but it's really the thought that counts. So those tulips that are totally overpriced - bring em on! - CUPID: Underrated
I've been bitten by the love bug, or cupid, or whatever you want to call it. I am in love with two very important gentlemen in my life, Chris and Ethan. I am over flowing with it and can't get enough of it. Even though it may not seem as much sometimes with the everyday hum drum of life, but my life wouldn't be anything without these two. They are the heartbeat of my life and I thank God for them! I want to smother them in smooches and hugs all the time! I love you both and Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comments:
I agree that Valentine's day is overrated. My husband is the same way-he may bring flowers home or do something sweet on a random day, but for some reason, Valentine's always slips his mind:)
Post a Comment