Monday, February 16, 2009

10 Things I Learned This Week


  1. When your baby is not feeling well, it makes you feel absolutely helpless.
  2. I've got spring fever! This previous week was GORGEOUS and I was stuck inside taking care of little man. Not that I am complaining ... well maybe a little. I really was itching to get outside and enjoy the weather. I am so looking forward to the warmer days! Oh, and I'm ready for white shoes, and skirts, and flowers, and longer days, and ... well, the list goes on and on!
  3. I am SO unhappy with some of the results from the Top 36 on American Idol. I could go on and on about this! When the judges made their selections this past Tuesday, I was cheering one second then throwing things the next. What in their right mind makes them think this "Norman Gentle" guy or drama queen-crazy girl Tatiana are actually good singers? Simon made it very clear that if you forgot your lyrics, you're out. Well several people who forgot their lyrics time and time again made it! It's ridiculous! BUT, I will still watch. :)
  4. Teething sucks! I am so glad we don't remember cutting teeth when we were young because I'm pretty sure we'd have nightmares to this day. I am now convinced that the reason for the high fever and loose stools with Ethan this week was from teething, not from being sick. We just didn't know because he's never had a high fever with the other teeth coming in. I think these teeth are just more difficult to come in because they're larger. Poor buddy.
  5. I hate it when movie trailers make it look like it's going to be a wonderful movie, but they turn out to be a dud. We saw "Nights in Rodanthe" Saturday night and both Chris and I agreed it sucked. Last night we watched a shoot em up cop movie "Pride & Glory" and really liked it. I usually am a sucker for a romantic comedy or just romance movie in general, but blood and guts won out over mush this time!
  6. The phrase "All dressed up with no place to go" certainly did apply to us this weekend. I was really looking forward to having a nice dinner out with Chris and Ethan for Valentines Day. Well, when you have a baby, you have to go out to dinner early along with the senior citizens so you can get back in time to get the little one to bed on time. We got all dressed up and looking good and headed over to Olive Garden around 5 PM. We thought we'd be ok with the wait. Boy were we wrong! At 5:15 the wait was an hour and a half. That wasn't gonna fly with our boss (Ethan) so Chris had a great idea of ordering it to go and it was ready in 15 minutes! We had a great dinner by candlelight at home.
  7. Everyone has their own opinions on what is right or wrong when it comes to raising a child. Sometimes you have to go with your gut feeling and do what YOU think is best.
  8. My mom makes a KILLER Red Velvet cake, or what she called Whoppie Pie. Ummm . . . I think I'll have some right now!
  9. Sometimes it pays off to not follow a recipe to the T. Chris is always telling me, "Stick to the basics!" Every time I've gone off the recipe and tried to get creative, it always turns out screwed up. (Chris - keep your comments to yourself as you're reading this.) I made Chris' mom's mac and cheese because it is DA' BOMB, and I was just craving it since we had it last weekend. I asked her how to make it and she pretty much says "Well, I just add a little bit of this, and a little bit of that and bake it until it looks done." Um - ok. I'll try it. And it turned out FABULOUS!
  10. Comfort food really deserves that title because it does just what it says - provides comfort. We had mac and cheese, green beans, cornbread and BBQ chicken last night for dinner. With every bite I ate, I think I said "This is so good!" The best part is that we had leftovers for tonight! YUM!

0 comments: