- I don't understand why Chick-fil-a will give you 20 more packs of sauce than you really need, but Zaxby's is stingy about theirs .. and will charge you 25 cents extra!
- As much as I love waking up to snow, sometimes it's not all it's cracked up to be. Ethan's daycare was closed on Wednesday due to literally a dusting of snow, if that, in our area. Chris was already home sick, so I had to take the day off again! PLUS, I'm still paying for that day in daycare! Argh!
- I think maybe it's the winter blues, but I'm just so exhausted at the end (sometimes middle) of each day, I want to eat all the time, and am just in a bummy mood. I cannot wait for warmer weather.
- I don't have tolerance for lazy people. I will admit I am the first one to be lazy at the end of a long day but right now I am talking about The Biggest Loser. Chris and I have gotten into watching this season, on top of our 100 other shows we watch. It inspires me, yet makes me angry at the same time! Most of these people are there because they want to be there to lose weight to make their lifestyles better and healthier. But then there's the few that don't work hard and they take the opportunity for granted. Well, it has caught up to them because they were kicked off this week!
- When did American Idol become so much drama! Man - Hollywood week has always been stressful, but Wednesday night's episode was filled with so much drama, but it was so juicy and entertaining. I love it!
- I have really become obsessed with saving money and finding sales. Every Wednesday morning, I look online at what the grocery stores have on sale for the week and actually get excited when I see buy one get one free! And I have become a coupon clipping queen! Carrie gave me a really cool coupon file folder thing for Christmas and I have been wearing it down! What has happened to me!?
- Ethan got two more teeth this week! Now he has a total of 10! The way he teethes is so strange. He was a total drool king about two weeks ago and then it all of a sudden stopped. I was so sure at that point we were going to see a tooth, but nada. Then all of a sudden when I was feeding him breakfast Tuesday morning, he opened wide and I saw two bottom molars. I squealed with excitement and he looked at me like - "What's the big deal?" I always get excited when I see new teeth. It's just another milestone I can write in the baby book.
- These guys who have these fake scrotum sacs that hang from the trailer hitches of their trucks really disgust me. Seriously? What makes them think that is remotely funny or even tasteful. If you ask me, it's appalling. Yuck yuck yuck. That's the last thing I want to stare at when I'm sitting at a red light.
- Fireproof is one of the best movies I have seen in a long time, and it has been a long time. It really makes you realize how important and essential it is to have a relationship with God and to keep Him in the center of your relationship. I can't say too much about the acting, except for Kirk Cameron, which made me realize how much I had a crush on him in the Growing Pain years. I will be buying that movie for sure.
- There is a reason why manufacturers put an recommended age on toys. They're just not ready for them yet! Naturally, I have been chomping at the bit to start Ethan on some art projects. So, last weekend I bought these Crayola Beginners markers to get him started. They are in the shape of really cute animals like a frog, hedgehog and dog. They clearly say 18 months and up, but I ignored that. They are meant to be palmed and then the marker part is at the top of the cute animal. Well, that didn't work out so well. All Ethan wanted to do was either bang them on the table or throw them across the room. The latter was his favorite. Good thing they are washable or the budding artist would have a new exhibit on the walls in our kitchen.
Sunday, February 8, 2009
10 Things I Learned This Week
Posted by The Cassidys at 12:00 PM
Labels: 10 Things I Learned This Week
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Amanda, it's Carol, Melissa Hooker's mom. I love reading your blog. Just had to tell you that Wal-mart will match any price on groceries. So as you read thru to get the sales from all the local stores, make a list and then stop at Wal-mart and before the cashier begins, tell her you have price adjustment items and let her know the lowest price advertised and where. I saved a bunch last week. Sometimes they'll ask for evidence, so be prepared. Also, I was introduced to the toddler markers yesterday when Melissa's niece, Taylor, got one and it went straight to her mouth. I couldn't figure out why her mouth and my hands were turning colors by her gnawing on the cute little plastic toys. Amy informed me that she too thought Taylor could use these but at 16 months she's still not ready.
we've become coupons clippers as well!! we took advantage of harris teeter's triple coupon event yesterday (ends today) and managed to save a good bit.
We cannot stand the Crayola Beginners. Camryn got them for Christmas last year, and we still don't let her use them because they seem to make such a big mess. She's almost three now and still not allowed to use anything that resembles a marker b/c she is so messy with them. She ruined a Gymboree shirt playing with markers at a friend's house a few weeks ago.
I love you Amanda! Your comment about the scrotum's made me laugh out loud! Although I haven't seen these truck "additions"...it would totally disgust me if I was sitting behind one at a redlight. So, I totally agree with you on that one! And you are right about American Idol on Wednesday...half the episode was drama. My co-workers were talking about that very same thing on Thursday. I still love it too though!
Post a Comment