Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Marley & Me

We had a double date night last night with Carrie and Smadam, as I like to call him (he calls me Smanda) and we went to see Marley & Me. I've been dying to see this movie ever since I heard that they were making the movie based on the book. Of course you all know I have a yellow lab, Abbey and C & A also have a yellow lab, Sammi. We bought them 4 years ago probably within a month of each other. We were so excited and have loved sharing stories of all the craziness and sweetness of having a lab. Carrie called me one day to tell me about the book Marley & Me and I was so excited to read it. She already read about 3/4 of the book but absolutely refused to read the rest because she had a feeling the dog dies in the end. Oops - I hope I'm not giving anything away! I, on the other hand, wanted to read it all the way to the end. Once I got to the end and I knew what was coming, I was a basket case. Sitting in bed just bawling my eyes out all the while clutching onto Abbey for dear life! It's such a funny book but so tender at the end that I just don't want that day to come, but I know it will one day. I don't think I'll ever be prepared. Chris and I were talking about the movie on the way home and I commented on how much has changed with Abbey, but how much we love her and always will. She was our baby for almost 4 years until Ethan came along. Of course, since E has come into her life and just ruined it life just isn't the same for her. She has really come around and Ethan truly loves her. In the years to come, I can see the two of them being inseparable and her sleeping in his bed just like Marley did. It was a great movie and stayed pretty true to the book. Take some time to see it soon!

I looked up Josh Grogan's website and found his blog which has been very interesting to read. If you're interested, click here for Josh Grogan's blog.

0 comments: