Ethan FINALLY drank his entire sippy cup of milk tonight! I know that's such a sad thing to be excited about, but dog gone it, I AM! We have been trying, and trying, and trying to get Ethan to drink his formula/milk from his sippy cup and get him off the bottle. Every other kid in his class is off the bottle, so the pressure is on! We have failed time and time again. He will drink water or juice in it all day long, but as soon as you put one drop of formula in it, NOPE! He throws it down! Argh!! You can probably see the frustration on my face now. For three weeks now, we've been sending a sippy cup of milk to daycare along with a back up bottle, which is always used. We even got a different kind of cup in hopes that he would like that one better, but he hates it. It was a Nuby, and the one he's been using since 7 months old is a Gerber. BUT, tonight, alas, he finally drank it all. Not all at one sitting, but he did. He drank some in his highchair at dinner, some in the living room after dinner, some on his changing table while I put him in his PJ's and the rest while I was reading him a book before bedtime. But I am NOT complaining - he did it and that's all that counts. I gave him a big hug and kiss and seriously almost cried because my little baby is growing into a little toddler man. Man - it just makes you realize how fast time flies! We'll keep trying and keep praying for patience because Lord knows I don't have it, but Ethan has definitely taught me quite a few lessons in patience, and he has a lot to teach me in the years to come!
I'm taking any advice that any of you moms out there have! SERIOUSLY!
Monday, December 1, 2008
Hallelujah! Praise God!
Posted by The Cassidys at 7:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment