Sunday, December 14, 2008

10 Things I Learned This Week

  1. Seeing your baby sister walk down the aisle to get married is at the top of my list of wonderful things I've witnessed in my life. I will never forget that image as long as I live.
  2. Once those flood gates open and those tears start coming down, there's no stopping them. Thank God for waterproof mascara.
  3. Olivia is FINALLY Mrs. Tim Christensen, and I couldn't be happier!
  4. Seeing my mom and Tim's mom cry at the wedding is actually making me cry right now just thinking about it. How precious.
  5. All the pressure I've been getting for needing to cut Ethan's hair is starting to set in now, although I am NOT happy about it! His hair is beyond shaggy. It's completely covered his ears and is now in his eyes. Bah hum bug - I guess I'll get it done soon.
  6. Parents are wonderful babysitters. Chris' parents really helped us out this weekend by taking care of Ethan and watching him for us while we had wedding duties to take care of and places to be. We don't know what we would do without them!
  7. Ethan is starting to sign back to us even more now! He signs "No", "ball", and "more". It's so cute to watch his little hands work.
  8. I cannot believe that Ethan will be 1 year old in 10 days! My little baby is growing up.
  9. The stress is finally relieved. As soon as the wedding was over, I could feel the stress just melt off. I know my mom and Olivia are finally able to rest, but now what do we do with our time? I feel like there should be ribbons to tie, calls to make and checks to write!
  10. The social event calendar for 2009 is totally clear right now, and that's such an awesome feeling to have.

0 comments: