That title really sounds like I have no heart doesn't it? I think those of you who know me best, know that I'm all heart, or try to be at least! :) All my life, probably the rest of you, I have struggled to be the very best person I can be and who God wants me to be. I am currently struggling with an issue that has been on my mind and heart for the past year. Seems like a long time to have a heavy heart huh? That's why it's been so emotional to me lately to hear God calling me to make a change. It seems like the more I talk about it or pray about it, the slowly I am realizing what needs to be done. I guess it's my pride (that darn devil!) and being in my own comfort zone that has gotten in the way and now God is speaking to me in volumes so loud and clear that I cannot escape from it. It's funny how God puts things or people or events in your daily life that it's almost like "OK GOD - I hear you!". This 40 Days of Love study that Chris and I have been doing is helping me so much . It has brought out emotions that I haven't felt in quite some time. It makes me realize just how incredible God is! I am so thankful for my relationship with Him and it truly makes me desire to be closer to Him more and more everyday. There is a song that is really ringing true in my heart right now my Casting Crowns. It really teaches me to take a leap of faith and trust Him. I think we all have that problem with different issues in our life. We just don't want to do it and sometimes we just have to trust that when God is speaking to us to do it, it's for a reason. I have taken the first step and I pray that I can continue to do so until I reach my goal and the burden is lifted. Thanks for listening.
The kind of faith it takes to climb out
Onto the crashing waves
To step out of my comfort zone
To the realm of the unknown where Jesus is
And He's holding out his hand
But the waves are calling out my name
Reminding me of all the times
The waves they keep on telling me
Time and time again. 'Boy, you'll never win!'"
You'll never win"
But the voice of truth tells me a different story
And the voice of truth says "Do not be afraid!"
And the voice of truth says "This is for My glory"
Out of all the voices calling out to me
I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth
Oh what I would do to have
The kind of strength it takes to stand before a giant
With just a Sling and a stone
Surrounded by the sound of a thousand warriors
Shaking in their armor
Wishing they'd have had the strength to stand
But the giant's calling out my name and he laughs at me
Reminding me of all the times I've tried before and failed
The giant keeps on telling me
Time and time again "boy, you'll never win!"
I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth

1 comments:
Amanda - so proud of you! I love hearing how you are growing in your relationship with God! I love you, and good luck with your issue! ;)
Post a Comment