Sunday, November 9, 2008

10 Things I Learned This Week


  1. This week I turned into Superwoman! We started off the week by going to church Sunday morning then going to small group that evening, working all week, voted, took Ethan to the Dr. office for a check up, finished decorations for the reunion, got my hair cut, got a spray tan :), packed myself and Ethan for the weekend, baked goodies for the tailgating, tailgated with Dorman alums, went to the Dorman v/s Spartan high game, played on the playground with Ethan, Chris and other DHS alums and babies Saturday morning, picked up last minute decorations for the reunion, went to the reunion and out afterwards, drove back to Rock Hill just in time to make it to small group at 5 PM and officially crashing as soon as I finish this blog. Whew - even writing that made me tired!
  2. I LOVE watching Ethan walk! It is really the highlight of my day. It's so cool to watch how he is still learning how to balance and how much it excites him.
  3. Ethan has fallen in love with my Nextel phone. He loves my Razor phone just as equally, but my Nextel has a ring that sounds like you're in the Caribbean with a calypso beat, and he just starts giggling and bobbing around. I love it!
  4. Although I didn't vote for Obama, we all were able to witness history being made and that's pretty cool.
  5. It's been very nice to be able to sit down with Chris and do our devotional time together every night this week for the 40 Days of Love. We honestly need to do this every single night, even after this devotional.
  6. I am so psyched that gas in Rock Hill has come down to $1.98! That definitely doesn't' hurt as bad as it used to to fill up the tank.
  7. Ethan LOVES playing on the playground! He played at Cleveland Park in Spartanburg for the first time on Saturday morning and he just had a ball! We went down a couple different slides, swung on a swing, and played on the big set.
  8. It was just so wonderful to see old friends this weekend. Although planning for the reunion was SO much work, it was worth it in the end and we had a good turn out. I love all my DHS girls and I will always cherish the friendships we have!
  9. Some very close friends of ours are moving to within one hour from us!!!! I can't say who yet until they put their notice in at work, but we are VERY excited!
  10. We are having a little mountain getaway with The Ledfords next week, and we are so excited as well.

0 comments: