Wednesday, November 19, 2008

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

I just couldn't wait until the day after Thanksgiving to really start celebrating and decorating for Christmas! Maybe it's all the Christmas music I'm hearing on the radio, or the decorations in all the stores, or the fact that when I look at the calendar I realize that December is less than two weeks away! The month of December has always been special to me for many reasons. My birthday is in December, Christmas is in December and now more importantly than ever, Ethan's birthday is in December, which just happens to be on Christmas day. It's so special to me to share a birth month with Ethan and that is something we will always have to share together. Our savior Jesus Christ was born on that holy night so many, many years ago and now our precious little bundle of joy was given to us that same day. You can't get more precious than that! I can't help to tear up and feel nostalgic when I hear Christmas music and see all the decorations because it brings back so many memories of that special day and all that the holidays bring. I love everything about the holiday season that I can't name just one. I love the rush of the shopping and of course, last minute shopping. I love all the food - more importantly the desserts! I love being able to give presents to those who are near and dear to me, and hopefully seeing their faces light up. I love wearing scarves and sweaters, although I must preface it with the fact that I do HATE the cold! I love the music! I love the movies - new and old! I love sitting close to a fire or bundling up with a blanket. I love my mom's Nibble! I love wrapping presents. I love decorating the tree and then plugging in the lights to see it glow. I love snow, if we ever got it! I love Christmas Eve and all the anticipation of what's to come the following day. I love being with family. And of course, most of important of all, I love that Jesus Christ was born so that he could live to die for our sins so that we would have everlasting life. How much better can it get than that?

What do you love most about Christmas?

0 comments: