- Marriage takes work. Not that working on your relationship is a BAD thing, but it definitely takes effort and really taking the time to sit down at the end of the day and actually taking, something Chris and I have not had a lot of time to do since we're busy so much. We CANNOT wait for the new year to bring more time together.
- I would rather have bad news first, THEN good news. That way you end on a good note instead of a sour one.
- Ethan had his first official play date this past weekend. Us girls from the prenatal swim class and our babies got together for lunch then over to Melody's house to play. It was a hoot because they all have such different personalities and physical skills. Ethan was the only one walking so he was either tripping over the other babies or exploring the house. Gavin finally got sick of it, so he karate chopped him in the leg and took him down! :) It was a good time had by all!
- When the hubby's away, the wifey will play! :) Yeah right, after I put Ethan down, I ate dinner, cropped for a couple of hours, took a bath with my People magazine (me reading it that is, not bathing it) and hit the hay! Big night out huh?
- I am so excited to watch Ethan eat his first Thanksgiving dinner! Sad huh? I just love watching him explore and eat new foods and see the reaction on his face. We're gonna need a mess mat to catch all the food that's going to go everywhere!
- Chris and I are so old! Friday night we went to bed at 9 and last night at 9:30! But man, it's so nice to get a good night's rest (besides Ethan waking up last night at 12 and 5 - he's teething again!)
- I cannot believe my sister is getting married in less than 3 weeks!!!
- I found someone to make Ethan's first birthday cake! I am starting to now plan for his party and finding the perfect cake has been my #1 priority! You've gotta have a nice cake for them to smash into and a yummy one for the guests. He's not going to care one way or another! I found a guy called the CAKEMAN here in Rock Hill and he's even offering the smash cake free! I'm all for free!
- It's so nice to be able to finally BREATHE again, without coughing and blowing my nose every 5 minutes!
- Forgiveness is a virtue. That was our lesson in tonight's small group and it was eye opening. I think we think that the Christian thing to do is to continue to be in a relationship with someone that has hurt us deeply after forgiving them, but in reality, the right thing to do is forgive them just as God has forgiven us for all our sins, and just move on. I've had a hard time with that recently, and this lesson has really brought a lot of things to light.
Sunday, November 23, 2008
10 Things I Learned This Week
Posted by The Cassidys at 12:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
You and Chris are not the only old ones!! ;) Jason and I go to bed quite early these days too. We look at it like you have to get sleep while the little one sleeps...otherwise you don't get it. Right!?
Post a Comment