Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ethan is 11 Months Old!

Man oh man - just one more month until our little man turns 1 year old! It's so exciting and we have been more than blessed to have him in our presence the past 11 months. He has been so much fun and we've shared so much love with him. Of course, it's been challenging at times, but it's been well worth it. Here's what's going on in his little world right now:

  • He's walking, a lot! I thought he was fast when he crawled, but he's starting to pick up speed with his walking now too. He amazes me how much he's learned in the past year.
  • He loves to "nest". He's gotten into this kick of nesting objects into another object or placing a toy in a basket or bucket. Then he'll walk back over to the toy chest and get a new toy to put into the basket. He does that over and over again.
  • He loves balls and has started to learn how to throw them, although his throw is like a toss and it goes about two inches in front of him. Watch out Abbey!
  • He's starting to give hugs and be snugly. I am LOVING IT! He'll walk up to me, mostly, (I'm sorry Chris) and hug my legs. When I pick him up he'll lay his head on my shoulder, give me a squeeze and "talk" to me. My sweet boy! I hope he's always like this! :)
  • He's starting to say "dog" and "thank you", in his own way of course. But I can tell he's attempting. He's getting the hang of syllables, but not really pronouncing the actual letter or sound.
  • We're working on getting him off the bottle and into a sippy cup for his formula or milk, but it's not going well at all! Like I said, ANY SUGGESTIONS are welcome!!! I'm not in a hurry but I don't want him to be 2 years old and still scream for a bottle!

0 comments: