The title makes it sound so sad, but it really wasn't. And of course it's NOT my last day EVER with him, I hope. Just my last day home with him all day long during the week. I am officially going back to work semi-full-time, as I like to call it. We've worked out a deal where I will go in Monday - Friday from 9 to 3, just in time to hopefully miss the rush hour traffic and make it to pick up Ethan.
Today we had a great day! This morning we drove up to the daycare to pick up the paperwork to get him enrolled and went to the room where he would be in. It was nap time so we were trying not to wake the little ones. Ethan saw all the toys and immediately wanted to get down, which is a good sign! Then we left and went to Target, our favorite place to shop! We picked up a few staples that he will need extras of at the daycare and a few other items. Then we came home so Ethan could get lunch and a cat nap. After his nap, we went outside and enjoyed the beautiful weather. Then we went for a stroll around the neighborhood and back to the house to play for a bit before I started making dinner. It was a good day and I am excited for him in this new adventure. I am excited to see how he progresses and how he likes it. I'm hoping it's going to be an ok week for me just getting used to all this new stuff. Hopefully I won't be a basket case when I drop him off. I am used to dropping him off at Abbey's, but now this is different where no one knows him or his likes and dislikes. I'm sure it will be fine! Fingers crosssed!
Monday, October 13, 2008
My Last Day Home With E
Posted by The Cassidys at 7:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Be prepared to cry! I know I did...and to be honest...I still have those days from time to time. Some days I feel so wrong for just dropping Ian off and leaving him...but I also know he's in a safe place with people who take good care of him. Besides, he is learning so much and making friends and I wouldn't trade his experience there for anything. We still have nights and weekends where we enjoy time together and I feel like Ian gets the best of both worlds! I hope you, Chris, and Ethan have a good experience and I'll be thinking and praying for you all as you make this adjustment. Looking forward to seeing you all in a few weeks!
Post a Comment