Today was Ethan's first day at the development center, and I must say, he did very well! Dropping him off was easy at first, until I went to the front desk to turn in my paperwork and they asked how I was doing. I replied with "I'm great - ya'll have a good day!" I immediately turned around, walked out the door and started sobbing! I thought I was going to handle it ok, but I was wrong. It's fine dropping him off because I know he'll be taken good care of, but it's just the realization that I won't have these precious three days that I normally have with him. That will take some getting used to for myself. Ethan on the other hand was fine! I put him on the floor and he immediately crawled over to find a new buddy. He found a few! They all were playing within minutes and pulling up on the window to look out. This afternoon I called around lunch to see how he was and Miss Raquel said he was doing great for his first day. Whew! I also could hear him "talking" in the background so that made me feel a lot better. Chris and I came to pick him up together and he was just as happy as could be, so that also made me feel better. The teacher said he took two mini steps today! AHHH!! And I missed it! He took a little side step yesterday before his bath and another one tonight on the deck. He's well on his way! Watch out! I think today was a success and I think he's really going to grow and prosper very well there. It's a very nice and nuturing environment and we are all excited!
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I am so excited he had such a great day! I know that makes it easier! Hope you are adjusting well to going back to work semi-full time! Love you!
I am so happy to hear that E had such a good day!
I was getting behind the schedules, reading your blog about Ethan starting his first day of Day Care. I am sure that he did well...
Mother
Post a Comment