Ethan has grown into a little woodchuck. Let me explain - as Ethan has grown more teeth, so have the bite marks on the inside of his crib. I was so excited to learn that the crib we purchased way back when came with teething guards so it wouldn't be affected when he started to teeth! Boy, was I wrong. The entire crib should be covered in plastic! The teething guards protect the rails of the crib, but defintiely not the side rails. About two weeks ago, I went in to get him out of the crib when he woke up from his nap. I opened the blinds, saw the evidence and shreiked! There were tiny little teeth marks everywhere! At first I was horrified, and then I started to laugh because it was just so darn cute. As time has passed, those marks have grown in quantity. I think he gets bored in the middle of the night or his naps and stands up to take a nibble. He particuarly likes the left side. Maybe it tastes different than the right. It does give the furniture tons of character. A lot of people pay a lot of money for furniture to be distressed and we got it for free! It will be something that will be there for years to come and onto the next baby. Besides his crib, he chews on EVERYTHING else too! I thought the worst of it was over when Abbey started chewing on furniture. Luckily, we broke her of that habit pretty quickly after I discovered the rails on my barstools chewed to obvilion. I don't think we're going to be so lucky with Ethan! He's still got more teeth to produce and more opportunties to leave his mark on the world, and more importantly, in my heart.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It horrified me at first too when CR done this to his crib. The thoughts of spending all that money for him to chew it up. But now that we have changed his crib into a full size bed, it delights me to go in and see those tiny teeth marks. It will serve as a reminder of his baby days forever.
You are not alone. Sophia chews on her crib so much...I'm worried she's getting splinters. I think we need to sand it..LOL. I've even had to take away alot of books, and even cardboard blocks due to chunks missing. Good luck! And just remember...babies will eat anything!
Post a Comment