My good friend Amanda told me that when her daughter Peyton started daycare, it wore her out so much that she was literally falling asleep on her toys or at the highchair and was in bed by 6:30 PM. Well, Amanda, I NOW feel your pain! Ethan has been in the daycare for officially one week now, and tonight he almost fell asleep in his highchair. We always start feeding him dinner at 6 PM, then it's bath time then he's usually in bed by 7 PM. As I was getting his meal together, he was munching on Cheerios with his eyes closed and half way moaning at the same time! That's what he does when he's tired. I had to laugh! As soon as I started to feed him the first bite, he just started wailing, uncontrollably! I gave him a few seconds and he didn't calm down. So I took him out of the chair and he immediately laid his head on my shoulder, carrot faced and all. Yes, now I have carrot bits on my shoulder, on a dry clean only shirt. Oh well, that'll teach me to change before I deal with him! I grabbed his bottle and headed to the nursery. I could barely get 2 oz. in him and he fell asleep! I just couldn't believe it! The last time I can remember him doing that was when he was a newborn! I put his PJ's on while he was lying across my lap and he didn't move a muscle! He is now asleep and it is 6:15 PM. Now I'm sitting here kinda sad that I don't get those extra 45 minutes with him, but if he needs his rest, he needs his rest. Amanda called me when this happened to her and I was like "Girl, take advantage of the extra free time you have in the evenings!", but now I totally understand where she's coming from. I just pray he doesn't wake up at 5 AM bright eyed and bushy tailed and ready to start the day!
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment