This weekend I had to go to Spartanburg, again, for another shower for Olivia and another reunion meeting, so Chris recruited his dad and brother to come help out with the deck again. I think we need to start paying them minimum wage! :) One week night last week, Chris tore off the existing stairs so they were ready to go when Saturday came around. The goal was to get the decking completed and do the stairs another day. It went just a little slower than anticipated, but progress is being made! It's hard work and a lot of manual labor! They got about 3/4 of the decking done and the stringers up for the stairs. It's VERY close to being completed! This afternoon during Ethan's nap, I came out to re-finish our deck furniture while Chris worked on the deck a little more. After half a day, Chris was just pooped and just called it a day! Our goal is to get the deck and stairs complete by the start of the weekend by working on it little by little when Chris gets home from work the days that I am home. I hope to do some gardening on Sunday!
Here's a few pics from yesterdays' events. I'll post the most updated pictures tomorrow!
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Update on the deck
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment