Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Connection

About three weeks ago in our service at The Connection, our satellite location for West End Baptist, our pastor announced that he was going to be leaving the church. We weren't too shocked because we had already heard the news the night before from a friend in our small group who is also a deacon, so he had the inside scoop. Mike, our pastor, feels like God is leading him to start a new church. I've always been able to relate and understand his messages, so I was very disheartened to know he would be leaving. I also grew concerned for what would happen to the church and our small group. Chris and I have been attending West End since college, and continued to thorough our dating and married years. The Connection was started a few years back to offer a second service with a more contemporary feel. The first time we switched from the Celebration Service at the main campus to the Journey service at the Connection, we loved it! Plus, we joined our small group. This group of people have been so wonderful to not only us, but everyone else in the group. It's so reassuring to know we will always have someone to turn to if we ever had any problems or just need someone to talk to. After Ethan was born, we had a constant flow of food and visitors from every person in our group. That really made us feel special and loved. I know they will always pray for us and our family and we love each and every one of them for that. With that said, every person in our group has chosen to follow Mike wherever he goes. That is such a big step for us to take considering we have finally found the church we love. But the reason we love it is for Pastor Mike and our small group, so we will follow everyone as well. We want to be surrounded with people who love serving God just as much as we do and I pray that God will work in Mike's life as well as ours. I have to realize that God is in control. We'll see where the Journey will take us now!

0 comments: