Thursday, September 4, 2008

I love consignment sales!

Tonight I went shopping at a bi-annual children's' consignment sale in Rock Hill called the Upscale Wee Sale. It was my first time going to this particular sale and if you've gone to any of these types of sales you learn the hard way to bring a laundry basket to put all the stuff in! I wish I had a girlfriend or my mom with me! One, to help me hold the massive amount of clothing that I had and two, just to be there to help me decide what I should and shouldn't buy! Again, I was dumb and wore heels (I came straight from work) and my feet were killing me after looking through all the racks and standing in the check out line! There were also a ton of toys, but I just didn't have the energy to go through it all, so I picked up a Thomas the Train thing-a-ma-bobber that winds up when you push the engineers head down. Ethan already has one, so I got him another one in a different color. It was so hard dwindling everything down to what Ethan really needed, not just what was cute. I did end up getting a good bit of stuff all for $70.00 I got:

  • 1 pair of corduroy overalls. I actually had 5 picked out, in every color, and ended up with one. I love overalls on Ethan, but the boy doesn't need THAT many!
  • 4 pairs of pants. My favorite is a pair of khaki cargos with orange trim - good for TN and games!
  • 4 sweaters - My favorite is a light blue cable sweater. It's just precious!
  • 4 long sleeved shirts
  • 1 fleece pull over
  • 1 green bomber type jacket
  • 1 2-pc shirt and pant set for playing
  • 2 pj sets
This is my new obsession! There is another one coming up at the end of September that I cannot wait to go to as well. If you've never been, you are missing out! There are so many good deals and most of the clothes are barely worn or some brand new! If you get a chance to go to one, you'll love it! Happy shopping!

3 comments:

Jason, Julie, Ian, and Ivy said...

Wow...you racked up! Congrats on the deals! You'll have to let me know when the Sept. one is...I may have to come join you! ;)

The Burleys said...

Consignment sales are the BEST and such an addiction! I had 3 great ones that I knew of that came around bi-annually in Anderson. I may have to go check yours out if I get a chance to slip away tomorrow ... I may be too late, though! Gotta go early, or things get picked over!

The Powells said...

I loved the weesale. I got about 25 things (including some 2 piece outfits) for Clara for $40 on the half price day. It was GREAT!!!!