Sunday, September 7, 2008

Mama Anxiety

I don't know about all you mommies out there that experience this, but I've got, what I like to call, mama anxiety. I was just telling Chris last night that I think I may have anxiety problems and wonder if I need medication for it. :) For those of you that know me well, know I am a hypochondriac. I tend to Google "my symptoms" and find out what I have. Like for instance, when meningitis was going around college campuses when I was in school, I had a headache and swore up and down that I had it! For me to be a pretty positive person, I surely think there is something physically wrong with me all the time! My, my - I was so ridiculous when I look back and think of those days!

Anyways, back to my anxiety problem. Ever since I had E, I feel like I am constantly in a hurry to do things and I never ever have enough time to do them. Anything makes me feel like I'm in a rush. In the beginning it was because E was like a ticking time bomb waiting to go off at any time due to hunger, or sleepy, or just plain grumpy. When I was nursing, I felt like I had a window of opportunity to do things I actually wanted to do, like sleep or run errands, before I had to get back and feed him, or my boobs would explode! But even, now it's the same way and maybe even worse. For example, Chris and I stopped at the Gaffney outlets Saturday morning on our way to Spartanburg. I wanted to run into a store just to look at, or possibly try on, dresses that were on sale. Chris had Abbey because it was too hot for her to be in the car, so I took E in with me. I scanned through the dresses, picked up an armful, and proceeded to the dressing room to try them on. He did NOT want to stay in his stroller so I took him out so he could crawl around on the floor in the dressing room. I know - germs galore, but you get desperate! I put the first dress on and turned around to look at it in the mirror. Well, there was no mirror, so I had to actually go out of the room to try it on. What kind of dressing room does that!? I guess it wouldn't bother me so much if I didn't have a baby to worry about keeping contained. When I opened the door, of course E made a beeline to get out. (He does that now with ANY door and will pitch a fit if you close it on him. His favs are the pantry and laundry room! Yeah - it's really cute.) So here I am trying to look at a dress I have on with a baby on my hip! This went on for about 10 minutes with EVERY SINGLE thing I put on! Needless to say, I left the store stressed to the max and my hair all in shambles! After that, I really just wanted to leave! It's just nearly impossible to shop with a baby around - period! If you have a baby that shops well, consider yourself very blessed! :)

I don't know if this anxiety will ever go away as long as I have children. I've said time and time again, my biggest giant is patience, and God is surely giving me a big dose of medication on patience! I wonder if He can give me a prescription for anxiety too???

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha - as i was reading this, i was thinking about all the things you used to "come down with" and all the times i would catch you on the computer - webmd to determine what treatment you needed! Thats so funny that you remember the whole pregnant symtoms too...