Now that Ethan is now crawling, he is even more active than he's previously been! He's also now pulling up on things, including the slats in his crib! It's all a double edge sword because I'm so proud of him for learning so quickly how to crawl and pull up, but he's keeping himself up at night by practicing his new skill, and in turn keeping us up as well! I've actually watched him do it (where he can't seem me of course)- he rolls over from being on his back, then sits up and either plays or cries because he can't figure out how to lay back down again. To add more fuel to the fire, he'll try to pull up on the slats and get even further stuck! I feel so bad for him, but then again, I'm so frustrated because I have to keep going back in his room to pick him up and set him back down so he'll go to sleep. Last night I went back in there 5 times before he actually fell asleep! Plus Chris went back in at 11:30 to set him back down from sitting up and crying! I usually can just put him down and he'll talk to himself for about 10 to 20 minutes and then he's out. Nope - not now! So, I looked it up in my handy dandy baby book of what is happening from week to week. Low and behold, it did mention at 32 weeks, which is what he is today, baby may learn to pull up on things and will do so in his crib through the night and mom and dad will have to come in and reassure him that it's ok after he gets upset from being stuck! AHA! It said that this phase doesn't last long, so be patient! Well, God didn't grace me with that gift, so I'll do the best that I can. I love him to pieces, but it's driving me bananas! Any suggestions from you other moms out there that may have had this problem?
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Unfortunately, I don't have any advice...but just hang in there and get through it. I know exactly what you are going through...and sorry to say...we're still going through it. Most nights, we don't have to go back in there after we lay Ian down...but every now and then, Ian will stand up in the crib and hang his arms over the railing and then cry, I guess because he can't see to lay back down. So, we have to go in there a couple of times to lay him back down. Hopefully, Ethan will get to a point soon where he can figure out how to get back down. ;) Good Luck!
Post a Comment