Today's weather has inspired me to write about why I'm looking forward to the fall. It was a wonderful 70 degrees today and besides the rain, I was loving the weather! I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the fall! There are many reasons why it's my favorite season!
- FOOTBALL! There's just so many teams to cheer on in our household that it makes it a lot of fun! Of course our favorite are the Carolina Panthers, but we also love Clemson, Tennessee and even USC occasionally, when they are not playing the other two and there's nothing else to watch! :)
- COMFORT FOOD! I love the soups and stews! I have found some excellent recipes over the years that are healthy and are great even as leftovers. Of course, like all of us, I love all the food at Thanksgiving, which leads me to my next subject ...
- THANKSGIVING! Need I say more! The food is something to look forward to for sure, but more importantly the time I get to spend with family is most precious to me. I am so thankful for what God has given to our family that words just aren't enough.
- PUMPKINS! I love pumpkin patches and searching for the perfect pumpkin! I always go to this little patch across town that all the proceeds go to a church. They always seem to have nice ones that are all sizes! I know Ethan probably won't remember this year's pumpkin picking, but I'm certainly going to take him. It'll be a great photo op!
- THE WEATHER! The crisp, cool weather of fall is just a blessing from God! It's such a relief from the humidity in the summer that when I get a glimpse of it, like today, I just feel at peace and happy!
- THE BEAUTY AND COLORS! Another blessing from God! I don't see how people don't believe in God when they see the work he does to the Earth at this time of year. It's such a gift to be able to see the leaves turn colors and fall. I remember walking through the Winthrop campus in the fall when I was in school and literally feeling like I was in a "leaf storm" with all of them just falling around me. I was in heaven!
- "WAFFLE MIX", AKA WASSAIL: Tim likes to call it "waffle mix", but in reality it's wassail! My mom makes a killer wassail and I just love how the smell just floats through the house. I love grabbing a cup o' wassail and sitting by the fire, or just cuddling up!
- FALL SHOWS ARE BACK! I am so incredibly exited for my shows to come back, you just don't even know! There's just nothing to watch over the summer, not like we have a lot a of time. Thank goodness for DVR! There is no way I can watch them all when they actually come on with having Ethan around! I have high expectations about the new 90210 premiering in less than two weeks, so it better not let me down! And of course, who can forget about Prison Break, Greys' Anatomy, Brothers and Sisters, Desperate Housewives, Dancing with the Stars, Private Practice ... just to name a few! Too bad Lost doesn't come back until February, darn it!
- THE SMELL OF LEAVES BURNING! That smell just sends me into an oblivion! I want to go burn leaves just so I can smell it! That sounds nuts doesn't it?
- THE CLOTHES! My favorite outfit is a pair of comfy jeans and a long sleeved t-shirt, so bring it on! Plus, the comfy cardigans and sweatshirts are a plus too!

0 comments:
Post a Comment