Sunday, August 10, 2008

10 Things I Learned This Week

  1. Having a baby really takes away quality time with your hubby. I'll be the first to admit I really do miss the way we were pre-baby, but our life is so enriched now because Ethan is here. I just want a date night every now and then!
  2. I've completed my first week of the South Beach Diet and did pretty well! I started back on Monday because it was so successful for me before my wedding. I got down lower than I ever had been before, but part of that was due to "bride-orexia"! I just need to lose these last few flabby pounds, mostly around my midsection. Wish me luck!
  3. We cannot always be by our babies sides holding them back from things that could possibly hurt them. They have to learn on their own. As painful as it is to see a bruise or scratch on them, they are learning everyday from new experiences. Since Ethan has been crawling and pulling up, he's had a few falls and missteps. Bless his little overachieving heart! :)
  4. I miss talking to my friend Amanda. She finally got a full-time job being a Pre-K teacher and we are not able to talk on the phone like we used to. Sniff :(
  5. I cherish my morning walks with Ethan. In pursuit of trying to lose the baby weight, I take Ethan and Abbey on a walk early in the morning on the days that I am home. I can't wait for the crisp fall weather!
  6. The Carolina Panthers beat Indianapolis Colts in their first pre-season game this past Saturday! Sorry Amanda! :)
  7. We got that date night, AND date afternoon! We had coffee on Saturday night and saw Dark Knight on Sunday afternoon!
  8. Looking down at my calendar, I'm freaking out because of all the things I have going on in the next four months!!! Between trying to build a deck, attend bridal showers for my sister, helping plan and attend my high school reunion, celebrate numerous birthdays including mine and Ethans', celebrate holidays, Christmas shop (ohhh lawwwwdd) plan Ethan's 1st birthday party, plan Olivia's shower and bachelorette weekend, and attend my sister's wedding, I hope I'll have time in there to actually breathe!
  9. There's nothing like home! After a long weekend in Hartsville, it's just so good to settle back in and watch a little bit of TV.
  10. Man, those Chinese gymnast chicks are BUCK! It means, they're money, as in they're awesome! (You'd have to watch So You Think You Can Dance!)

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Good luck with your diet! And I miss you too, for sure! Maybe when we move near there, I can teach Ethan in Pre-K or Kindergarten!! Love ya!!!