Friday, July 18, 2008
What A Busy Day!
What a busy day indeed! I am exhausted as I am writing this and it's only 7 PM. I'm waiting for Chris to come home with dinner since we don't have anything in the house since we are leaving Sunday morning for the beach!!
Ethan and I drove to Spartanburg this morning to initially drop Abbey off at my parents house so they can watch her for us while we are at the beach. Since I was there, I thought I'd kill three birds with one stone: drop off Abbey, meet with Amber and Leah about decorations for the 10 year high school reunion, and get measured for the bridesmaids dress for Olivia's wedding. That pretty much wore me, and Ethan, out!
I put Ethan and Abbey in the car at 9 AM, grabbed my coffee, and we were off! Ethan did pretty well for half of the trip (he was napping) in his new car seat, but the other half he spent fussing. I had to stop once to pop a paci in is mouth, and that lasted all of 10 seconds. He likes to spit it right out now, which is a good and bad thing I guess. I think he was tired because he didn't really nap very long, but it may be because he's getting used to his new seat too. We finally got to Spartanburg at 10:30 with just enough time to play for a bit and then eat before we went to meet the girls for lunch.
We met at my FAVORITE place to eat in Sparkle City, ICCB, which is short for Ice Cream and Coffee Beans! They have the BEST Strawberry Sweet Tea! You'll end up drinking 2 or 3 glasses before you know it and you're bouncing off the walls! We had such a good time! We talked about baby stuff and work and what was going on in our lives as well as updates from some high school buddies. They truly are awesome girls! One thing that was so sweet was that Leah, being a mommy of two already, held E for me while I ate because he was fussy and needed a nap, and he just snuggled in and fell asleep on her chest! It was just precious! I do miss those days when he did that as a newborn! Leah and I are in charge of the Saturday night dinner so that's why we decided to meet. We mainly met to discuss decorations for the reunion and how the heck we're gonna pay for it all! Of course, they put me in charge of the decor, whatta ya know, so I'm stressing over it a little, of course! We've got a lot of ideas and I can't wait for the reunion to roll around in November!
After that, I ran over and picked up Liv to get measured for the bridesmaids gown. I've got good news and bad news - Robin measured me for a size 4 in the hips, 6 in the waist (still lingering baby weight) and a 0 IN THE CHEST! Jeez - I am now missing the nursing boobs! My sister started laughing and so did I! So, in the long run - I ended up getting a size 4 and vowing to tighten up my abs! I'm working on it slowly but surely! I don't know how you did it Jules, but I give you all the respect!
Then after running one more errand, we just headed back to the house to relax and play for a bit. Then I was on the road back home to see my sweetie pie. He had to work late and didn't get home until 7:30, in which we scarfed down dinner, gave E a bath, put him to bed, then decided to finally relax with a movie! Whew! I am exhausted and ready for some rest tomorrow!
PS - Ethan is having 6, or now it's close to 7, month pictures made tomorrow morning! Chris has a good friend George that is a wonderful photographer! He took pictures of Chris, Abbey and I at Christmas 2 years ago, and maternity pictures of me. You should check out his photography website and Flickr page! He's very artsy! There's even a picture of me and my friend Carrie, with babies on board, on his website!
Posted by The Cassidys at 7:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Whew, girl! I am worn out just after reading that post! Hope you guys have a good week at the beach. We'll be in Lancaster this week trying to find a place to LIVE!!! Sorry we will miss you - wish we could have gone to lunch or something.
Post a Comment