We have a lot of things going on today! Ethan and I went to Babies R Us this afternoon to get him a convertible car seat! It's sad that I am excited about this, but this is what happens after you have a baby. The smallest things excite you, especially when it comes to getting things for your little one. He has really started to protest getting into his infant car seat. I have to do things to distract him so he doesn't know he is getting in, such as singing, or making faces, or giving him a toy. Since we are making a long trip down to the beach on Sunday, I thought he may be more comfortable in a bigger car seat. Plus he is getting close to 20 pounds, so the infant car seat isn't very comfortable anyways. We are getting the same one that our friends Jamie & Amanda have, which I feel like we get A LOT of the same toys and baby things, but hey, great minds think alike!
Yesterday I spent all of my lunch break in this awesome toy store in Charlotte called Toys & Co. I can't wait until he gets older and I can take him in there, which may or may not be a good thing! Anyways, I got him a really neat toy that is supposed to encourage him to crawl. Like I mentioned before, he is well on his way. He just can't get over that hump of being on all fours and rocking back and forth. It's very funny looking and we laugh every single time he does it! This toy is an inflatable oblong ball sort of, and he can rock back and forth on it. I really have to hold him the whole time because he's just too short for it. The package shows this 3 year old playing on it, which is kind of confusing. I hope it helps!
Another news - a very close friend of mine, Amanda (cool name!), has started a blog! Yipee! We're all joining in on the fun! She is such a fun and talkative person, so I know hers will be just delightful to read. She has a precious little girl named Peyton and is married to Chris' good friend from high school, Jamie. That is how we became friends! Funny how things work out huh? You can check out her page here!
Like Amanda, I have also spent the week packing for the beach. I'm just too much of a planner to be a last minute packer! When it comes to packing for a baby, you just don't want to forget anything, or you've gotta buy it down there, which more than likely is more expensive and inconvenient. I really hope it will all fit in our Pilot! We are bringing A LOT of stuff, mostly toys and beach stuff. I am attempting at not brining as much clothes and stuff as I normally do, which is unlike me. I always over pack! Chris and I are going to fit all of our stuff in one suitcase, which I'm sure I will be sitting on while he is zipping it up! Wish us luck!
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Exciting Day!
Posted by The Cassidys at 10:16 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment