- I have had a serious sweet tooth this week! I've been chowing down on chocolate ice cream and Sour Patch Kids. Chris has to literally take it away from me! He says we need to save money on our dental bill, considering our last one was quite high! Ha ha - what a comedian!
- Only one more week until we go to the beach!
- Only 10 more days until the new Sugarland CD!!!
- Even better - only 2 months until the Sugarland concert!!!
- Don't put Ethan in a highchair and NOT keep your eyes on him! We went out to dinner when my uncle was in town and when I turned my head for one second to talk to Chris, Ethan dove his hand into my honey mustard! I must say it was pretty funny!
- It's so wonderful to finally hear from an old friend that you haven't heard from in a long time. It really put a smile on my face.
- Scrapping until the wee hours of the night is not a good idea when you have to get up and go to church the next day, and you're volunteering with the kids program.
- God is awesome! This isn't anything that is new to me, but it was just wonderful to see Him work time and time again today! Last week I told about the family who lost everything in a fire and the fact that our small group is trying to help. Well, the mattress that we had didn't work out because they already had a queen, but really needed bunk beds and mattresses for the boys. Wendy, one of our members, has been working very hard and she found someone outside of our group that was willing to donate their old bunk beds, but didn't have mattresses. Wendy went to the other small groups in our church just this morning and asked for help for this family. Within 15 minutes, someone was at our door with $375! Wow - God is great! Then, this afternoon Wendy and I went to Big Lots where twin mattresses were on sale. They only had one left in stock and one on the floor. They couldn't sell us the floor model, but Wendy told the story to the sales guy and he checked the stock room one last time. He came back and said God must really be at work because he found another one, and he said he had just done inventory that morning and only had one. If that isn't God at work, I don't know what is. We also were able to get them all sorts of kitchen things - pots & pans, an entire 8 piece setting, knives, spoons, forks, spatulas, cutting board - etc! How amazing is it that all these people can really reach into their pockets and come together to provide for a family that is struggling!
- Chris and I have started an old tradition back up! When we first got married, we did dinner and a movie on Sunday nights. It originally started with a pizza every week but then progressed to trying different recipes. We alternate who would pick the movie and who would pick the recipe, and we would cook together. Tonight I picked chicken cordon bleu with mashed potatoes and green beans and Chris picked P.S. - I Love You. It's a lot of fun and lets us explore different things! I hope Ethan and any other future children will really like this tradition.
- To add to my sugar addiction this week, Chris is on the way home with Cold Stone ice cream! And I'm supposed to be in a bathing suit in a week - ha!
Sunday, July 13, 2008
10 Things I Learned This Week
Posted by The Cassidys at 8:18 PM
Labels: 10 Things I Learned This Week
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment