Sunday, July 6, 2008

10 Things I Learned This Week

  1. From Ethan's six month check-up, he now weighs 19 pounds and is 25 1/2" long!
  2. Daycare is expensive. Finding one with a waiting list any less than six months is harder. (See post from Tuesday for explanation!)
  3. Ethan is a wiggle worm! We are seriously in trouble when he finally gets mobile!
  4. My best-bud, Carrie, has only three weeks, or less, until Kaitlyn is due into this world!
  5. Holding a newborn baby is so surreal, considering we were there six months ago, and light as a feather! On Saturday we visited our friends Pat and Leslie, who just had baby Ian June 24th. He is just precious, and sleeps a lot! I miss that.
  6. Faith is like a mustard seed. Last week when we were out of town, our small group at church decided to help out a local family that lost everything in an apartment fire. The mother has five young boys to provide for, including two she adopted from her sister because they were not being well taken care of. They did not have renters insurance so they were just left with the clothes on their back and each other. Within 24 hours, our small group and others have gathered up so much for this family, and are still working on it. It's interesting how God works because they need a mattress, and we just converted our guest room into an office and have been storing the mattress in the garage until we knew what to do with it. God will always provide.
  7. Shopping for scrapbook supplies makes me smile.
  8. God is ALWAYS teaching me a lesson in patience. I have none! :) This afternoon I went out to Wal-Mart to grocery shop. It seemed like everyone I was behind were moving as slow as Christmas. Then I got behind a woman who literally had five grocery carts of stuff! Needless to say I was in line for 30 minutes! I didn't see that at the time I got in line because I only saw one, until she pulled all the other ones up that were off to the side!
  9. Three day weekends are wonderful because I got to spend them with my family.
  10. I love rainy Sunday afternoons. What a perfect day for a family nap!

0 comments: